Schnauzer Page Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warts on back?

5 posters

Go down

Warts on back? Empty Warts on back?

Post  SchnauzkyLVR Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:36 pm

So my MS has these 3 weird looking pimple/wart looking things on his back. Is it possible he somehow got warts on his back?
Anyone have experience with this? how is it treated? is a vet visit required?

thanks in advance for any suggestions/advice!
SchnauzkyLVR
SchnauzkyLVR

Back to top Go down

Warts on back? Empty Re: Warts on back?

Post  MsBritmor Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:09 pm

For warts or skin tags/growths that protrude from the skin, take a piece of sewing thread and tie and knot it very tightly around the base of the growth. As the growth shrinks, you might have to do this a second time, but in my experience, the growth will dry up and fall off in just a couple days. I had my husband do this to a wart I developed on my neck. The procedure stung a bit at first, but that wart was quickly gone.

Because this does sting a bit initially, you might have to have a second person hold the dog. It is very important that the string be at the base of the growth so that it can cut off any blood supply, so if the growth can be pulled up a bit in order to get at the base, that would help. (Yes, you need five hands<G>)

An old "country doctor" veterinarian told me about this YEARS ago, and it is extremely effective; I have used this many times over the years.
MsBritmor
MsBritmor
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  blacknwhite Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:05 am

they always used to do this to people as well! Smile
blacknwhite
blacknwhite

Back to top Go down

Post  allaboutourdogs Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:07 am

Is the wart growing? Warts can be surgically removed but if it's growing, you better consult your vet first.
allaboutourdogs
allaboutourdogs

Back to top Go down

Post  jamessmith4152 Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:18 am

Hello,

Warts are skin growths which are caused by the human papillomavirus (HPV) - they are non-cancerous. The virus causes keratin, a hard protein in the epidermis to grow too fast. Warts are different from moles. While moles are dark and can be quite large, warts tend to be small, skin-colored rough lumps.

Thanks,

seo

jamessmith4152

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down