Schnauzer Page Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some judges......

2 posters

Go down

Some judges...... Empty Some judges......

Post  Jo Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:37 am

As it seems to be popular to ask Very Happy

We have a few foreign judges in the UK this year, any information would be welcome.

Mr Johan J Juslin (finland) - judging minis at southern counties

Herr J Fertig (germany) minis at northern schnauzer club show

Donald Emslie (canada) mini club show

All colours are judged together here, so it would be interesting to hear if these judges like one colour more then another one.
Jo
Jo

Back to top Go down

Some judges...... Empty Re: Some judges......

Post  Xtravaschnauza Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:14 pm

Johan Juslin is an allrounder, he has been judging schnauzers for decades. His partner is a very respected schnauzer-judge who's been judging schnauzers since the 60's or maybe even 50s... and my understanding is that generally they would both go for the "original" European/German type and particularly look for harsh coat also in the furnishings. I have a feeling that he is quite keen on minis that are not on the bigger side... I found some critiques he has given to other people's dogs, maybe that gives an idea?

Dog 1 Fairly big male. Parallel lines of head. Nice neck and body. Short step. Nice rear. Good coat. (Excellent-)
Dog 2 Very "puppyish", nice silhouette. Parallel lines of head. "Flying" ears. Nice neck and forechest. Light in bone. Stands and moves wide in front. Coat not in show condition. (Very good)
Dog 3 Low on legs, light in bone, soft furnishings on legs. Heavy scull and strong cheeks. Nice neck. Excellent body. A bit chunky. Muscular thigh. Nice rear. Inadequate coat on body. Performs well, well presented. Dark eye. Nice expression. (Very good)
Dog 4 Correct size, nice silhouette. Medium bone. Nice profile of head but light under the eyes. Nice body. Adequate knee angulation. Moves well from the side. Nice coat on body. (Excellent, Best Male 3)
Dog 5 Nice size, correct shape, great posture. Strong maleish expression. Well developed forechest and body. Nice coat on body, lovely rear. Determined on the move. (Excellent, Best Male 1, BOS, CC)
Dog 6 Stylish from head to toe. Parallel lines of head. Flat cheeks. Nice body and bone. Lovely buttocks. Low hocks. Beauty of this male is at its best on the move. (Excellent, Best Male 2, CACIB)

Donald Emslie breeds minis and lives in Canada. Here's a critique he gave to my bitch: Good eyes and head. Nice shoulder and forechest. Good depth of body. Nice set of tail. Very good coat. Nice angulation behind. Moves slightly wide in front, well from behind&side. (Excellent, Best Bitch 1, BOS) If you want to check the dog she's on my website, her name is Trixer Flirt.

I hope this helps Smile
Xtravaschnauza
Xtravaschnauza

Back to top Go down

Post  Jo Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:19 am

Thanks for such a good reply. I can give some more thought to those shows now! Smile
Jo
Jo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down