Schnauzer Page Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liver/Tan dogs

+9
Kanis Minor
Cornish Rex
MsBritmor
Myltan
ravenstot
jellun
Alessandra
Jo
Esther
13 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Liver/Tan dogs - Page 3 Empty Re: Liver/Tan dogs

Post  Randi's Ushabti Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:06 pm

And natural tails?
Randi's Ushabti
Randi's Ushabti

Back to top Go down

Liver/Tan dogs - Page 3 Empty hoo boy

Post  Morningstar Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:07 pm

They kinda grow on you don't they? I hated them at first, natural ears weren't on my favorite list then either. Embarassed Yes, I would prefer natural tails and can't wait until it is so. That's a very sensitive subject here. Very Happy
Morningstar
Morningstar

Back to top Go down

Post  Randi's Ushabti Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:59 pm

Morningstar wrote:That's a very sensitive subject here. Very Happy
I know, that's why I asked happy happy
Randi's Ushabti
Randi's Ushabti

Back to top Go down

Post  Morningstar Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:02 pm

happy happy
Morningstar
Morningstar

Back to top Go down

Post  MsBritmor Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:50 am

While I prefer natural ears (if they are good, that is), I do love a nicely cropped ear, too.... that just won't be happening *here* on my dogs anymore.

As to tails, I am one of those who will fight to keep my right to dock. There are many breeds out there who lose their "breed profile" when they are left with tails. Some here would also say that about the ears, but I don't feel that way.

I am surprised that the "Powers That Be" haven't told you guys that you can no longer strip dogs. That's worse than snipping off the tail of a one-day-old puppy.... and it is done a lot more often than just one time.
MsBritmor
MsBritmor
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Morningstar Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:57 am

That won't be a problem with Animal Rights Activists taking away our right to breed dogs, or keep more than 2 or 3, or keep them intact. Sad Won't be any dogs left to strip! Crying or Very sad
Morningstar
Morningstar

Back to top Go down

Post  Jo Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:04 am

You'll be alright, can't you show clipped dogs under UKC shows? Very Happy
Jo
Jo

Back to top Go down

Post  MsBritmor Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:53 am

Jo wrote:You'll be alright, can't you show clipped dogs under UKC shows?

There are some other "organizations/so-called registries" that originated because of high-volume breeders (and they are now apparently having shows in order to make champions of some of their dogs), but the United Kennel Club is not one of them. UKC is about as old as AKC, and their breed standard also calls for stripped coats and only three recognized colors. http://www.ukcdogs.com/WebSite.nsf/Breeds/MiniatureSchnauzerRevisedJuly12009
MsBritmor
MsBritmor
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Morningstar Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:18 am

UKC was considering letting white minis show in conformation in rare breeds. I sure hope it allows them. Ukc is a very respected registry and I believe older than AKC. Ms. Britmor is quite right, now many 'fly by night' registries in the USA are having shows. As soon as I see a 'Champion' from one of them that is worthy, I think I will faint. You wouldn't believe the dogs/bitches that are obtaining a so called Championship that way. At one time there was someplace or another online that gave out Champions 'judged' by photos. If you paid the fee and sent photos, you got the ch. no matter what the dog looked like. Rolling Eyes
Morningstar
Morningstar

Back to top Go down

Liver/Tan dogs - Page 3 Empty UKC ACCEPTS WHITES FOR SHOW

Post  Morningstar Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:13 am

I am adding a new forum topic for this, but HERE is where I first brought up the possibility of UKC accepting whites for show nearly 5 years ago. This is a well respected registry dating back to before AKC was thought of. As of October 2013, whites are allowed to be titled with the United Kennel Club.   bounce
Morningstar
Morningstar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3