Schnauzer Page Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kennel Names

+13
Xtravaschnauza
Alberto
PiedPiper
Chris
sourcils
snasapjasa
RIVENDELL
tonda
des matins de cristal
Silfurskuggar
sternenhoch
Myltan
Jo
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Kennel Names Empty Kennel Names

Post  Jo Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:25 am

I thought it would be interesting to see what your kennel name means and how you thought of the name.

Mine 'Beanara' is a combination of 2 special dogs, a mini called Beana and my old Giant called Tara.
Jo
Jo

Back to top Go down

Kennel Names Empty Prefix

Post  Myltan Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:32 am

Hi

One of the first dogs we had in the kennel was an airedale from England, Carudon Cloudberry and the swedish for cloudberry is "mylta" hence Myltans.

Maria

Myltan

Back to top Go down

Kennel Names Empty Knizete Sternenhocha kennel name

Post  sternenhoch Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:41 am

My kennel name was borrowed from literature, is a part of book title Utrpeni Knizete Sternenhocha, what means The Sufferings of Prince Sternenhoch by Ladislav Klima - demon of czech literature and philosophy. It's his most famous title and special romaneto, demonic and more difficult as it seems. When I was on high school I wrote many articles about this authore which were published in literature sciency magazines and presented at many conferences as I found other view on his philosophy even in beletry.
Prince Sternenhoch means in czech Knize Sternenhoch, so thats what it means ...

A little about this book you can also read here http://www.complete-review.com/reviews/ceska/klimal.htm Twisted Evil but its really a little special Wink
sternenhoch
sternenhoch
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Kennel Names Empty Re: Kennel Names

Post  Silfurskuggar Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:24 am

Well, when I started in purebred dogs some 18 years ago, my first breed was Weimaraner and as they are often called grey ghost I desided to get my kennel name Silfurskugga. In English it is Silvershadow Smile Weimaraner are also very often silvery colored, so I thought that name Silfurskugga was perfect as it can be used for all breeds or colours, but it was my Weimaraners that gave me the idea Smile
Silfurskuggar
Silfurskuggar

Back to top Go down

Kennel Names Empty des matins de cristal

Post  des matins de cristal Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:17 pm

my first black mini call cristal and her moment for cuddles is when we wake up, the morning. In france we have a lot of " castel of... " "estate of..." "manor of ..." and i was looking for a different mane and i proposed :
des rivieres de cristal = river of cristal (the surmane of my son is "Riviere = River")
des matins de cristal = morning of cristal
i forget the third ...
and the FCI has told: morning of cristal and in french : "des matins de cristal"
des matins de cristal
des matins de cristal

Back to top Go down

Post  tonda Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:59 pm

hahaha very interesting topic happy happy Dont tell Mine "Goldton" is a combination of 2 words. First one is GOLD and next one in TONda - but I think that this is very important info for you because I´m truly golden boy happy happy
tonda
tonda

Back to top Go down

Post  sternenhoch Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:02 pm

tonda wrote:hahaha very interesting topic happy happy Dont tell Mine "Goldton" is a combination of 2 words. First one is GOLD and next one in TONda - but I think that this is very important info for you because I´m truly golden boy happy happy

pfuj dont take him seriously happy happy happy happy happy happy how many carats? I thought it's some name of gold sound angel this guy will kill me one day scary
sternenhoch
sternenhoch
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  tonda Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:02 pm

sternenhoch wrote:
tonda wrote:hahaha very interesting topic happy happy Dont tell Mine "Goldton" is a combination of 2 words. First one is GOLD and next one in TONda - but I think that this is very important info for you because I´m truly golden boy happy happy

pfuj dont take him seriously happy happy happy happy happy happy how many carats? I thought it's some name of gold sound angel this guy will kill me one day scary

Surprised Katerina, Katerina of course, I´m golden boy or do you think that I´m diamond one??? Cool Razz Cool
tonda
tonda

Back to top Go down

Post  RIVENDELL Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:00 pm

At now is time for us Smile I and my husbend - especially he- are fascinated in world of Tolkien. We are looking for some inspiration i his books
Dolina RIvendell - in English " Rivendell Valley" - I hope I use a good word.
It's a place where elfs are living.
I sed to my husband that Elfs are olways beautifull and our schnauzers are like small beautifull elfs.
and this to litters RI - Rafał and Iza
All our puppies names are taken from Tolkien's book.
RIVENDELL
RIVENDELL

Back to top Go down

Post  tonda Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:06 pm

Smile Your schnauzers are like elfs??? Very Happy Oh my god Smile and your schnauzer´s names are taken from books??? Really?? and all??? Oh my god some of your names are very nice vrrr maybe I must try to read some books Very Happy No It´s bad idea pfuj Dont tell
tonda
tonda

Back to top Go down

Post  RIVENDELL Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:25 pm

Tonda you are like smigol hahahahahah Wink
It was a joke Wink
Women in our Kennel Club always are loughing that we must have to much free time and we all day thinking about this names which she can't read Very Happy hahahahaha
RIVENDELL
RIVENDELL

Back to top Go down

Post  Jo Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:58 pm

Smigol? Shocked surely no-one can be that bad? No
Jo
Jo

Back to top Go down

Post  sternenhoch Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:02 am

I actualy don't know who is smigol, as Tolkien was never my cup of tea, but as I know Tonda, I'm already on smigol's side Suspect

Hehe no, Tonda is fine guy, but noone can help to make fun with (from) him Very Happy

Now I will be killed slowly but surely Neutral
sternenhoch
sternenhoch
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  RIVENDELL Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:16 am

Smigol wasn;t bad . he was malicious Wink
small poltergaist Wink

I like Tonda very much, no he isn;t a smigol Smile

Kate do you think he will kill me too now ?? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
RIVENDELL
RIVENDELL

Back to top Go down

Post  tonda Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:40 am

Very Happy I would like have some Smigols at home, but it´s long time for me to the time when I´ll be around "S" litter Suspect It´s true, that I´m without positive reference to books maybe thanks internet but it was only joke what I wrote and I know that books are better than films but I´m simply lazy Embarassed But Smigol it´s interesting name. Wink I saw some info on the google about smeagol and what a nice person. I want to be there more than 500 years too maybe I´ll be like "hobit" too but 500 years is 500 years hahaha
Kennel Names 440smeagol but he is really ugly Evil or Very Mad
I saw some interesting personage in the film too. his name was Lord Voldemord - maybe it´s like me hahaha No No NO You must know that I´m simply Golden boy nothing more than Golden Boy Very Happy happy happy angel
tonda
tonda

Back to top Go down

Post  RIVENDELL Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:35 am

Hmmm Wink Golden Boy you say Wink
I know that you are joking Wink
it's the reason that i like you Smile
RIVENDELL
RIVENDELL

Back to top Go down

Post  snasapjasa Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:44 am

Well i want to join this Topic, as i just had my breeding name few days ago.
I had to send in 3 ideas for a name, and i got two of them myself...and my husband(who by the way has no interest whatsoever in breeding)got the third and he likes the name of black forrest in germany...and totaly loves Germany. ANd affcourse his name was accepted and not mine Sad .
The name that he picked had to be made mine, and i wanted it powerfull. It sounds a bit International i must say happy happy
The name is SVARTSWALDS.....in the begining i wanted it to be schwartswald wich is the Black forrest in Germany like my husband sugested.
As my first Bitches name is Berlin, and this is a Breed from Germany:)
But i wanted to make the name mine, and change it a litle...its easyer to prenounse it Svartswalds....thou the begining sounds alot like schnauzer in the original meaning with the same begingin sch...
Well oh well. Svart means in Iceland Black(simular as in German) and Walds..wich by the way is written with a "v" that means power in Iceland....
So to make a long story short...i like words that you can play with your mind with.

Like for example, my forum name at an icelandic web page was: godog....that can mean god and dog...and so on:)
Im cinda'crazy y'no
I must say that in our cristmas tv..they were showing lord of the Rings...and i was thinking of a preticioular schnauzer breeder when i saw a name on some map.......
snasapjasa
snasapjasa

Back to top Go down

Post  sourcils Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:12 am

My kennel is calles Sourcils, witch meens eyebrows in french. I have always admired the french lanquage. besides the mustache or bird the schnauzers are known for the typical eyebrows, that is why I choose that name.

Smigol is also called Gollum. Smigol is the name he had, before he got the ring, witch made him immortal. Gollum is not a bad person, it is because of him the ring is destroyed.
I have also been inspired from Tolkiens names. In one of My litters the 3 girls were called : Sourcils My Own, Sourcils My Love and Sourcils My Precious ( when Gollum looks at his precious ring he sais ; " My own, my love, my precious)". - and the only boy was called : Sourcils Master Meriadoc.

And another litter the 4 dogs were called Sourcils Lothorien ( land of the elves) - she became INTCH, DKCH, DECH .....), Sourcils Legolas ( The most hansom elf ever ) Sourcils Lembas ( the bread the hobbits get from the elves) and Sourcils Lorien ( another elf land ) . 3 of the 4 puppies became champions, so it must be names with good karma

sourcils

Back to top Go down

Post  des matins de cristal Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:45 am

i am very ok with you Sourcils ! your choice on name are very funny and verry good !
in france the onwer choose with the letter of the year ! for 2009 it's "E" . I think it 's funny than breeder choose the name, after the owner can change for all the days ! but i know : in france we are .....
des matins de cristal
des matins de cristal

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:59 pm

Hi,
My Kennel Name is Kristec -
Sorry, but very simple:

Kri for Chris, that my name,
ste, for my son Steven and,
the c is for Clare my daughter.

Chris. Very Happy
Chris
Chris

Back to top Go down

Kennel Names Empty hahaha

Post  tonda Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:59 pm

to Sourcils - hahaha it´s funny to know that mor peoples feel love with tolkien and some of their dogs has name from this books Smile It´s true that we can see funny and lovely names in the films Smile
tonda
tonda

Back to top Go down

Post  PiedPiper Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:22 am

Pulling this one up again:

Many of you have already heard about Pied Piper, or if you haven't heard the name you have probably heard about the person. Pied Piper was the rat catcher from Hameln. Minis are ratters - minis are a whole bunch of Pied Pipers! Funny coincidence the father of the bitch whom are going to give me the first litter to the kennelname is also Pied Piper!
PiedPiper
PiedPiper

Back to top Go down

Post  Alberto Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:08 pm

My kennelname (approved by FCI less than a year ago) comes from the locality where we live: "della Costa del Vento" (of the Windy Slope).

Here are some pictures:
Kennel Names Immagi10
Costa del Vento in an autumn sunset
Kennel Names Img_4210
Costa del Vento after a snowy night
Kennel Names Img_6211
a view of the south-western side from our balcony

I suggest everyone who is passing by Northern Italy to come and visit this wineland just 60 kms. south of Milan - there is so much to see, eat & drink!
Alberto
Alberto

Back to top Go down

Post  Xtravaschnauza Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:32 pm

OT: Lake Garda sunny

Xtravaschnauza is simply a result of us playing with the words "extravaganza" and "schnauzer".
Xtravaschnauza
Xtravaschnauza

Back to top Go down

Post  Alberto Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:22 pm

Xtravaschnauza wrote:OT: Lake Garda sunny

OT: We live in the same region (Lombardia) of the western coast of Garda Lake but on the other corner (South-western), approximately where there is the purple spot:
Kennel Names Carte-10
Alberto
Alberto

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next