Schnauzer Page Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Professional handler

+4
jellun
Alberto
Irinushka
snasapjasa
8 posters

Go down

Professional handler Empty Professional handler

Post  snasapjasa Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:03 am

I just want to ask you how this works in Europe.
I need a handler/handlers in many diffrient contrys. Is it possible to get a handler who travels around with the dogs? If you know of someone could you pleas let me know.
Do you know, of what is the most common price for handling. And what is the fee for shows in your contry?
Maria
snasapjasa
snasapjasa

Back to top Go down

Professional handler Empty Re: Professional handler

Post  Irinushka Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:44 am

Hello Maria,

Here in The Netherlands I have never seen someone who has a handler to show the dogs. We do it all ourselfs here. Sometimes a friend will help you, but mostly the people show theire own dogs here, I do to.

Saturday I show my Irinushka on The Winnershow in Amsterdam. I like it to show her myself.

Many Greetings Mieke.
Irinushka
Irinushka

Back to top Go down

Post  Alberto Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:19 pm

Hello, in Italy there are some professional handlers who show other people's dogs not only in Italy but in whole continental Europe.

I don't know about their cost as I never did (and I will never do) need their help...but here they definitely win a lot... I can provide you with some names (in private) but I don't know how they really keep the clients' dogs... Question
Alberto
Alberto

Back to top Go down

Post  jellun Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:50 pm

I am often travelling around with my own dogs and take other dogs too.
Cant call my self professional handler, but results are not bad. Cool
May be there is sence to ask breeders who often show their own dogs, know about schnauzer grooming and handling -they could be interested in co-operation and help you in Europe.

Dogshow fees are about 30-60eur per show (small specialties are cheap, big CACIBs are more expencive)
jellun
jellun

Back to top Go down

Post  marceborzoi Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:01 pm

Hello, in Lithuania are many handlers. Junior Handlers in Lithuania are very good- we have 2 handlers, who had win Euro Dog show Handlers championship '07 and '08!!!
I am Junior Handler too. I have many clients, I am showing many dog breeds (Zwergs, Shiba, Borzoi, Golden Retrievers, Pharaoh hounds, Dachshunds, German Shepherds, Welsh Corgi, Labrador Retrievers and a lot more). I can help for people, who wants handling service on dog shows in Lithuania.
marceborzoi
marceborzoi

Back to top Go down

Post  D'el casa di Vita Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:38 pm

Irinushka wrote:Hello Maria,

Here in The Netherlands I have never seen someone who has a handler to show the dogs. We do it all ourselfs here. Sometimes a friend will help you, but mostly the people show theire own dogs here, I do to.

Saturday I show my Irinushka on The Winnershow in Amsterdam. I like it to show her myself.

Many Greetings Mieke.

Here in the netherlands are some proffs,think about Berno bekebrede,and there were some more Wink
D'el casa di Vita
D'el casa di Vita

Back to top Go down

Post  Sandrine Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:02 am

Hello !

I'm looking for a handler who can take my dog in different european exhibitions

I want someone who love dogs above all and who don't have too many dogs... because I love my dog and I want the best for him

Could you help me to find someone ?

thanks a lot !
Sandrine
Sandrine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sandrine Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:36 pm

I want to add : if the Handler isn't a "professional" it's not a problem for me.. I would like just someone who know how to handle a miniature schnauzer and who like that Smile
Sandrine
Sandrine

Back to top Go down

Post  blacknwhite Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:48 pm

I have never used a handler myself, over in england most exhibitors tend to show their dogs themselves (or at least in our breed) but i do know people who have sent their dogs abroad to be shown, some use professional handlers, others have contacted kennels who have taken the dog but i dont know what terms or what cost.
blacknwhite
blacknwhite

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum