Schnauzer Page Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Member - All Black Mini Schnauzer Reggie from Montreal, Canada

3 posters

Go down

New Member - All Black Mini Schnauzer Reggie from Montreal, Canada Empty New Member - All Black Mini Schnauzer Reggie from Montreal, Canada

Post  jackytoad Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:54 am

Hi Everyone,

Jessie here from Montreal, Canada. My wife and I just brought home an all black mini schnauzer. We named him Reggie. I'm happy to find this forum. We are both really into going in all the right directions for our little Reggie. He has a pretty calm demeanor however he has his moments of excitement like every puppy.

Anything I should look out for? He's 10 weeks old at the moment. Right now he's really nippy and shows small signs of mounting which i'm not too happy about but will have to monitor and correct as time goes on.

Thanks everyone!

jackytoad

Back to top Go down

New Member - All Black Mini Schnauzer Reggie from Montreal, Canada Empty Re: New Member - All Black Mini Schnauzer Reggie from Montreal, Canada

Post  MsBritmor Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:09 pm

You need to correct that nipping every time it happens. I pinch the puppy's lip, while staring him in the eye and roaring in his face (like a lion). Usually only a couple corrections are necessary.

Practice "Nothing in Life is Free" with him; he needs to learn that you are alpha and he is not.

Another thing I like to do with a dominant puppy such as yours is to do a "Long Down" with him at least three times a week. Scroll down to the "Training the Natural Way" article. Long Down
MsBritmor
MsBritmor
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

New Member - All Black Mini Schnauzer Reggie from Montreal, Canada Empty Re: New Member - All Black Mini Schnauzer Reggie from Montreal, Canada

Post  des matins de cristal Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:27 pm

welcome Very Happy 
des matins de cristal
des matins de cristal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down