Schnauzer Page Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black/Silver Giant Schnauzer litter. Show/Working Parents & Siblings.

3 posters

Go down

Black/Silver Giant Schnauzer litter.  Show/Working Parents & Siblings. Empty Black/Silver Giant Schnauzer litter. Show/Working Parents & Siblings.

Post  NorthernLightsRanch Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:47 am

Stunning UKC and FCI registered Black/Silver Giant Schnauzer litter. Born 2/9/12 - 9 puppies - 4 females and 5 males.

Well marked, beautiful and outgoing. We have pets, working, breeding and show quality available.

Two pups are spoken for - going to Sweden.

We are retaining one, possibly two of these puppies.

Sire is an air scent search dog, and will be competing in conformation this year. Dam is a tracking dog. Full Sibling to this litter - competed in conformation and placed 4th in Guardian Group, at 8 months old, over two Grand Champions, at her first show.

Puppies come with two sets of vaccinations, microchip, 3 health exams, tails are done, ears are not. Lifetime guarantee against genetic defects - without the need to return your dog. International puppies may leave after ALL 4 sets of vaccines are accomplished - in June. (There is no charge to keep them or for the additional vaccines). Domestic may leave after 10 weeks if flying, and 9 weeks if picked up.

Discounts available to guaranteed show homes, working homes, junior handlers.

Pictures of the puppies are available.

Pictures are of Sire - not cleaned up, but teaching a new handler, The dam during a tracking session, and of the Sibling at 8 months of age. Facebook links are Public, no need to be a member to view.

Apollo - Sire to this litter - not cleaned up, but teaching handling.

Azada - heavy with pups, but completing a short tracking excersize

Aurora - Full sibling, pictured at 8 months, at her 1st show

Last edited by NorthernLightsRanch on Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:54 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Updating image URLs)

NorthernLightsRanch

Back to top Go down

Black/Silver Giant Schnauzer litter.  Show/Working Parents & Siblings. Empty Re: Black/Silver Giant Schnauzer litter. Show/Working Parents & Siblings.

Post  Andela Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:30 pm

As you can see photos of puppies? Very interested!

Andela

Back to top Go down

Black/Silver Giant Schnauzer litter.  Show/Working Parents & Siblings. Empty Puppies :)

Post  NorthernLightsRanch Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:22 am

Will have pictures tomorrow. They are 7 weeks now, and are gorgeous.... You can also send me an e-mail to NrthrnLightsRnch@aol.com and I can send you several pics.

Tara
NLR

NorthernLightsRanch

Back to top Go down

Black/Silver Giant Schnauzer litter.  Show/Working Parents & Siblings. Empty Re: Black/Silver Giant Schnauzer litter. Show/Working Parents & Siblings.

Post  Andela Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:40 am

Wait for the photos. I believe that puppies are beautiful, but the best of them to see. Wink
In what country they are born?

Andela

Back to top Go down

Black/Silver Giant Schnauzer litter.  Show/Working Parents & Siblings. Empty Puppies - info

Post  NorthernLightsRanch Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:24 pm

I will be e-mailing you the photos, and will post some here as well. They were born in the USA. They are FCI registered. For my puppies that go overseas - I require that they stay here until they are a little over 4 months old, so that they have completed all of their vaccines, we give rabies at 12 weeks to international puppies, and their 4 sets of vaccinations that way. I do not want my puppies to travel that far without full vaccination. We do not charge to keep them here for the additional time. We have found that it is often cheaper, to arrange a flight here for a person from the country of import, and have the puppies fly home with them, using either KLM or Lufthansa. That is how we are handling the two schnauzer puppies that are heading to Sweden, as well as how we've handled it in the past with our working dogs.

Tara
NLR

NorthernLightsRanch

Back to top Go down

Post  Andela Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:04 pm

I understood it all. I'm in no hurry.
I have in America sister lives, new York. She owns a BRT. And if I decide to buy a puppy, it will help me.

Andela

Back to top Go down

Post  Jo Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:28 pm

Can you explain how they can be FCI registered? I didn't think the FCI did registrations, they left that up to the countries who are under the FCI rules and the USA isn't one of these, and the FCI only recognise the AKC in america not the UKC - so how would you get an export pedigree for them? Sorry, just intersted in how this works!

Looking forward to seeing puppy pictures on here Smile
Jo
Jo

Back to top Go down

Black/Silver Giant Schnauzer litter.  Show/Working Parents & Siblings. Empty Registration

Post  NorthernLightsRanch Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:42 pm

They are FCIPR registered - it's always just FCI - and then the country that they are listed with. My CO from the Ukraine is FCI Ukraine Kennel Club registered. Puerto Rico is the FCI branch for the US currently. We no longer register AKC because of some of their policies that I do not agree with. They were registered AKC, they are now UKC and FCIPR.

NorthernLightsRanch

Back to top Go down

Black/Silver Giant Schnauzer litter.  Show/Working Parents & Siblings. Empty Correction

Post  NorthernLightsRanch Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:44 pm

Sorry - I guess they're actual is "FCPR" - they are an FCI member, and therefore can provide the export pedigree. Just pulled out my registration papers on the Sire/Dam.

NorthernLightsRanch

Back to top Go down

Black/Silver Giant Schnauzer litter.  Show/Working Parents & Siblings. Empty Puppy Pics

Post  NorthernLightsRanch Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:46 pm

Puppy Pics coming today Smile Yesterday was so drizzly and nasty we just didn't get it done Smile

NorthernLightsRanch

Back to top Go down

Post  Andela Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:04 pm

I don't think that the FCI will spend this litter. This color is not officially recognized in more than one country, including in Ukraine.
Although I know that not long ago FCI allowed to knit (pairing) of dogs of different colors, at the discretion of the club - a member of the FCI. Obviously this will be followed by the recognition of the new colors.
Puppies are in Ukraine?

Andela

Back to top Go down

Black/Silver Giant Schnauzer litter.  Show/Working Parents & Siblings. Empty FCI & Registrations...

Post  NorthernLightsRanch Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:08 pm

Black/Silvers are usually registered under Salt/Pepper (both two tone colors) - as per the club discretion.. Some FCI clubs do have Black/Silver as a color - it still isn't widely shown, but it is registered as Black/Silver or Salt/Pepper depending on your club. Both Sire & Dam of this litter are Black/Silver, they are both registered with the FCI branch in Puerto Rico. The litter is getting registered this week and export pedigrees will be available. The puppies are in the USA.

Tara
NLR

NorthernLightsRanch

Back to top Go down

Black/Silver Giant Schnauzer litter.  Show/Working Parents & Siblings. Empty Puppy Pics

Post  NorthernLightsRanch Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:28 pm

[b] These pictures were taken just the other day - the puppies are just at 7 weeks. They will get their first "trim" next week.

www.northernlightsranch.net/GSPuppies2012.htm

NorthernLightsRanch

Back to top Go down

Post  Andela Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:48 am

NorthernLightsRanch wrote: Black/Silvers are usually registered under Salt/Pepper (both two tone colors) - as per the club discretion.. Some FCI clubs do have Black/Silver as a color - it still isn't widely shown, but it is registered as Black/Silver or Salt/Pepper depending on your club. Both Sire & Dam of this litter are Black/Silver, they are both registered with the FCI branch in Puerto Rico. The litter is getting registered this week and export pedigrees will be available. The puppies are in the USA.

Tara
NLR
Now it's all clear! But like dogs with такои coat participate in the show? As experts regard such a tone of pepper and salt?
In any case, I like it!

Andela

Back to top Go down

Black/Silver Giant Schnauzer litter.  Show/Working Parents & Siblings. Empty Show and Black/Silver

Post  NorthernLightsRanch Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:16 pm

I am told it depends on your club... some consider this Pepper/Salt, others will list it Black/Silver as is it's actual color. They can show here in UKC - it's not "accepted" but it's not "disqualified" either.... There are several people that show overseas... sometimes you'll get placed, other times you'll be disqualified... It's a risk with Black/Silver until we get them recognized. The only way to do that is to keep putting them out there.

Tara
NLR

NorthernLightsRanch

Back to top Go down

Black/Silver Giant Schnauzer litter.  Show/Working Parents & Siblings. Empty The Dogs

Post  NorthernLightsRanch Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:27 pm

I love the color... it is naturally occurring and is a recessive gene, so there are Blacks and S/P's that carry it, unknowingly, until crossed to another that carries it, and POOF - Black/Silver puppies. Many people think that is a cross of Black & S/P. It's not. The Black/Silver gene is a separate color gene. The dog/pup must have two copies of Black/Silver to be that color. We're taking my Sire, Dam and the pup I kept from last year to a show this coming weekend.

NorthernLightsRanch

Back to top Go down

Post  Jo Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:11 am

Hope you will get photos at the show, would love to see them all groomed up and looking smart!
Jo
Jo

Back to top Go down

Post  Andela Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:37 am

NorthernLightsRanch wrote:I am told it depends on your club... some consider this Pepper/Salt, others will list it Black/Silver as is it's actual color. They can show here in UKC - it's not "accepted" but it's not "disqualified" either.... There are several people that show overseas... sometimes you'll get placed, other times you'll be disqualified... It's a risk with Black/Silver until we get them recognized. The only way to do that is to keep putting them out there.

Tara
NLR
Tara, you are brave. The same as Judy Мervar, with mini shnauzers white color. It also draws litters in another country and show visits far.
Such a color it is more of a preference of the expert and shall not depend in any country visits dog show. I do not think that in Ukraine the other preferences. All cherish the membership of the FCI!
Yes I'd love to see photos of dogs in good grooming. I hope that puppies are not only good color!

Andela

Back to top Go down

Black/Silver Giant Schnauzer litter.  Show/Working Parents & Siblings. Empty Puppies, color, and Show

Post  NorthernLightsRanch Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:48 pm

[b] My puppies are not just of good color.... our focus here is working dogs... dogs of exceptional temperament, working drive, good solid bone, excellent angulation and correct movement. The sire/dam of this litter are search and rescue dogs.

As far as the show this weekend... We had two shows yesterday....

1st show: Giant Schnauzers: Apollo (sire) - took best of breed, and Guardian Group 3
Collies: Crystal took BOB, Herding Group 4
Aussies: 1st in class - reserve best male - Ranger
Aussie Novice puppy: Reserve best puppy in show - Kaze
Caucasian Ovcharka: Best of Breed - Knyazhna

2nd Show: Giant Schnauzer: Aurora (full sibling from last year) - took Best of breed, and Guardian Group 1 Smile
Collies: Meadows took Best of Breed
Aussies: 1st and Reserve best male - ranger
Aussie Novice Puppy: Best Puppy in Show - Kaze
Caucasian Ovcharka: 1st in class

NorthernLightsRanch

Back to top Go down

Post  Andela Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:36 pm

Tara, it's all words....

Andela

Back to top Go down

Black/Silver Giant Schnauzer litter.  Show/Working Parents & Siblings. Empty All Words??

Post  NorthernLightsRanch Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:31 pm

Andela,

What exactly do you mean by "its all words". This is a UKC licensed Show, the results will be verifiable once the club submits the results. My Apollo and Azada have both been Search and Rescue dogs for several years, not tracking title earners... WORKERS.... with me and my assistant trainer as handlers and teams. So yes I know they have work drive. But as far as quality and proper build. Both Apollo & Aurora have achieved their UKC Championship - I should have their Title certificate in a few weeks. Apollo took a group 1 win later in the weekend. Ranger our Aussie took 2 Group 1 wins. our Aussie puppy took Best Puppy In show Twice... we have numerous group placements between our Giants, and Collies... Ranger went 1st in group each time he took Best of Breed - which was twice. (He's either ON or not - sometimes he shows off, othertimes he just stacks... the judges with aussies like a little flare - when he's on, he usually wins, when he's not he has always taken reserve). Azada has 1 leg of her championship.

I certainly hope that you were not being as petty and spiteful as your little comment made you sound. Especially not over a verifiable show... it would be beneath you and this forum.

Tara
NLR

NorthernLightsRanch

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down