Schnauzer Page Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Curly leg hair!!

5 posters

Go down

Curly leg hair!! Empty Curly leg hair!!

Post  veronika11 Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:29 pm

I have a white mini..he has very curly hair on his legs,and after bathing, drying,trimming,brushing, the leg hair looks great,but only for next five minutes,it become curly again very quickly.that kind of hair(curly)it's very hard to work with and to make it look pretty and straight!!! Is it about the shampoo,brushes,conditioner maybe??or it's just about the type of hair on particular dog??what do U use??
Thank you..
veronika11
veronika11

Back to top Go down

Curly leg hair!! Empty Re: Curly leg hair!!

Post  ravenstot Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:22 pm

Sorry, but I think it is type of coat.
With proper drying it could be straight for couple more hours. I have same black mini )))). But now she is retired allready.
ravenstot
ravenstot

Back to top Go down

Curly leg hair!! Empty re: curly coat

Post  MsBritmor Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:27 am

veronika11 wrote:I have a white mini..he has very curly hair on his legs,and after bathing, drying,trimming,brushing, the leg hair looks great, but only for next five minutes,it become curly again very quickly.that kind of hair(curly)it's very hard to work with and to make it look pretty and straight!!! Is it about the shampoo,brushes,conditioner maybe??or it's just about the type of hair on particular dog?? what do U use??
Thank you..

Anyone care to argue as to whether or not there is a bit of poodle behind some of our dogs? :lol:

A lot of your problem is most likely due to your preparation/technique. My favorite conditioner is #1 All Systems Botanical Conditioner. I leave it in the furnishings for at least 90 seconds, and it gives the hair "body" and the hair does not fall as quickly as it might normally. The legs often will still look pretty good the next day.

First, you MUST have a good slicker brush; I highly recommend the Miller Forge Doggyman Slicker Brushes. You also need a good dryer that can blow fairly hard. It can be a people hair dryer, but it needs to have a smaller nozzle (round rather than wide) so that there will be maximum blowing power. You want all the hairs to be totally separated, and not clumped together. This is done by blowing the hair upwards while brushing (also usually upwards) to get all the hairs separated as they dry. In some spots, such as the longer hair at the front of the rear legs (around the stifle), the brush is used to slowly pull that leg hair straight out as it is dried in that position (straight). Those dogs with curly leg hair cannot be prepared for the ring in a casual fashion, but must have attention paid to getting those legs done correctly.

Here is one dog that had very curly furnishings:

Curly leg hair!! Georgie
MsBritmor
MsBritmor
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Curly leg hair!! Empty curly coat and poodles ...

Post  sternenhoch Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:45 am

Hi all... about the poodles, sometimes I have the feeling Very Happy Some lines are curling just from wet in air and some not at all.
But I'm also using the powder just after drying when the coat is still a little moistry, than it sock some of the powder and keeping streight. For bath you should use good champoo, terrier or volumizing (depends on how much hair he has) and than some conditioner - usualy volumiser, I'm very satisfied with PEK from St. Bernard, the green stuff, but it's really working well and than a little of volume foam and dry how Britmor wrote, the best with profi dog fen with strong power to make the coat totaly streight. Than a little powder and youre fit for fight Smile
I'm using brushes from french cosmetic Lady Belle... but now I cannt get them anymore Sad
sternenhoch
sternenhoch
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  jellun Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:15 am

White and curly is something special I guess.
I have one white bitch with very poodle-art legs: volume and cut keeps by it self
Really no other work than good cut needed - as it should be on good poodles Very Happy
Her son has also curly, but more soft type - I am trying my best 3d year...
We are not allowed to use powder in Germany, so I cant really make it fully powdered like in Poland or US.
Light version and everything else -keeping only for short amount of time.
jellun
jellun

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down