Schnauzer Page Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New here w/ questions

2 posters

Go down

New here w/ questions Empty New here w/ questions

Post  panama Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:17 pm

I do not have a Schnauzer, but do have a breed that is usually cropped & docked (in the US anyway). I am trying to find out if other breeds that are usually cropped & docked have the same controversial issues I always hear (barbaric, painful, inhumane...etc).

So, amongst the Schnauzer fanciers (Miniature, Standard or Giant), is there alot of controversy about cropping & docking?

panama

Back to top Go down

New here w/ questions Empty Re: New here w/ questions

Post  MsBritmor Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:50 pm

Since this is primarily a European forum, you will find that most of the dogs here are intact with ears AND tails as these practices have been banned in many of their countries. Because of that, I guess I would have to say that there is little controversy... since their Powers-That-Be have eliminated any controversy.

A U.S. Citizen...
MsBritmor
MsBritmor
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  panama Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:54 pm

Sorry about that, didn't notice it was a Euro based forum. Was the first one that looked interesting enough to check out.
If you are a US Citizen, do you as a breeder (if you are a breeder), or the breeder you've obtained your dogs from crop & dock?

panama

Back to top Go down

Post  MsBritmor Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:51 am

I used to crop and dock, but cropped my last puppy 12 years ago when I couldn't get one ear up on a beautiful bitch that I wanted to show. I still dock tails and have no intention of quitting. When they are done shortly after birth, it is not painful.
MsBritmor
MsBritmor
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down