Schnauzer Page Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

24.10.10. International show Utrecht, NL

+2
Jo
Astivers
6 posters

Go down

24.10.10. International show Utrecht, NL Empty 24.10.10. International show Utrecht, NL

Post  Astivers Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:02 pm

Altegos Versayles got ex-1, CACIB, R.CAC
Altegos Canberra - CAC, BOS! And I'm very happy with her, because she is just 11 month old and in junior class she won in competition with champion-female!

24.10.10. International show Utrecht, NL 3000RIs
Astivers
Astivers

Back to top Go down

24.10.10. International show Utrecht, NL Empty Re: 24.10.10. International show Utrecht, NL

Post  Jo Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:50 pm

Looks very nice but what is the rear angulation like? It is impossible to tell when the dog is so stretched out.
Jo
Jo

Back to top Go down

24.10.10. International show Utrecht, NL Empty Re: 24.10.10. International show Utrecht, NL

Post  Astivers Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:59 pm

Thanks for the comment! This is another picture of her made one week ago
24.10.10. International show Utrecht, NL 3000RIP

But still it's difficult to say from this about the rare angulation...for this you have to see the dog Cool especially in moving. On the picture you can see only grooming, and here it's probably with mistakes )))

And she was so stretched out...picture was made after the show, and that was her first show in the building, she was simply tired and didn't want to stand Sad
Astivers
Astivers

Back to top Go down

Post  Jo Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:17 pm

yes, show day is a long time to stay awake for young dogs. She looks to have a super coat and front!

It just seems to be a habit of showing dogs with the back legs pulled out to show a steeper topline, same with puppy pictures on here. Made me wonder if it is just they way they are handled/presented in some countries.
Jo
Jo

Back to top Go down

Post  Astivers Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:37 pm

Thank you for kind words!

As to habit... it's difficult to say. As to my point of view, schnauzers in GB and USA where they are like terrier type, they are shown standing with back legs which are more straight vertically. European schnauzers are shown with back legs which are going more to the back...more like this puppy. I don't say she stays correctly, indeed she was trying too much to take the snack, but in general it's like this. Probably people from this forum could explain better Cool
Astivers
Astivers

Back to top Go down

Post  Astivers Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:40 pm

And indeed some handlers when fogs have problems with top line pool the back legs out to make the back visually straight. In this case it's not a problem Wink But to be sure of course it's necessary to see the dog in movements...
Astivers
Astivers

Back to top Go down

Post  D'el casa di Vita Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:57 am

Congratulations!!! Smile
D'el casa di Vita
D'el casa di Vita

Back to top Go down

Post  Astivers Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:14 am

Thank you!
Astivers
Astivers

Back to top Go down

Post  Frostmourne Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:46 am

CONGRATULATIONSSS !!!! Very Happy Smile
Frostmourne
Frostmourne

Back to top Go down

Post  Astivers Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:52 am

Thank you very much!!! thank you
Astivers
Astivers

Back to top Go down

Post  MsBritmor Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:11 pm

I feel that when the rear is overstretched, it accentuates faults that the dog may not have. It makes the dog look like it is straight in the stifle and that it has no angulation in the rear. Most dogs cannot stand balanced when overstretched, so they are going to compensate by toeing out and looking cowhocked. Why would one want to give a dog more faults than it has? Just to get a steeply sloping topline? That doesn't make sense to me.

Personally, I would never breed to or want an offspring from a dog whose rear was in question to me since a good, strong rear is such an important part of good movement in a dog... a dog who can work all day without getting tired. A dog is propelled along by its rear... not pulled along by its front.

Also, when a breeder concentrates too hard on one or two areas on a dog in a breeding program, he is going to start to lose some of the other parts.... some of which can be really hard to get back. Don't follow "fads"; breed wisely.
MsBritmor
MsBritmor
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Astivers Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:48 pm

I agree with you for 100%!.. Both - about handling faults and breeding...
Astivers
Astivers

Back to top Go down

Post  des matins de cristal Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:56 pm

Congrats for your results ! Smile Smile Smile
des matins de cristal
des matins de cristal

Back to top Go down

Post  Astivers Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:42 am

Thank you very much!
Astivers
Astivers

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down