Schnauzer Page Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black + Black = Black/Silver

5 posters

Go down

Black + Black = Black/Silver Empty Black + Black = Black/Silver

Post  Esther Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:00 am

Friend of mine had a litter few days ago, from black parents with all black pedigree (at least 3-4 generations, more on the mother side, I know that side rather well) and one of the pup is black/silver. I thought that it wasn’t possible, but I’m always learning... anyone know of similar litter, somewhere?

Esther

Back to top Go down

Black + Black = Black/Silver Empty Re: Black + Black = Black/Silver

Post  D'el casa di Vita Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:30 am

I had a litter from Derrick vd Boetheeren and my Amira,she is from Vitara vd Spikke and Urus vdv Havenstad,all black in pedigree....
But one puppy was also black and silver Wink
But Mr.Meulenear told me that from the U-line sometimes coming black and silver...( was was carrier from black and sivler,but 4 generations are black Wink
D'el casa di Vita
D'el casa di Vita

Back to top Go down

Post  Agnieszka Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:43 am

After 2 black parents are theoretically all 4 colours possible (of course under special condition).

Agnieszka

Back to top Go down

Post  Jo Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:47 pm

That is the joy of recessive colours, they can hide in the pedigree for many generations and suddenly reappear.
Jo
Jo

Back to top Go down

Post  MsBritmor Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:53 pm

My first schnauzer, a BS, was whelped in 1970 from two SP parents. I traced her pedigree back to the 1930s before I found a BS ancestor. Recessive genes can be passed along for a VERY long time, particularly if it is something that one wants to get rid of. The genes one wants to keep often seem much harder to keep... which is why I have always crossed my blacks and SPs to BSs. I do not want to lose that BS gene in my dogs... although I foresee the time when I might breed two blacks together.
MsBritmor
MsBritmor
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:32 pm

Thanks all for your answers Smile

Esther

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content