Schnauzer Page Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion of American Breed Standard

2 posters

Go down

Discussion of American Breed Standard Empty Discussion of American Breed Standard

Post  MsBritmor Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:42 am

With photographs, drawings, and videos. (Shoot, I was going to do something similar on my webpage; see what I get for my procrastination....)

Discussion of American Breed Standard Click on each section on the left side of the page for further explanations, then as each page comes up, look at the bottom to see if there are more pages (i.e. "previous/next")

My only complaint with it is that I think they could have found better dogs for examples of good side movement in their videos. I do not see good reach and drive in either one of those dogs.
MsBritmor
MsBritmor
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Discussion of American Breed Standard Empty Re: Discussion of American Breed Standard

Post  Jo Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:11 pm

Interesting way to show angle of upper arm, I never knew it was measured by crossing diagonally over the bone Very Happy Very Happy

I agree with you about the movement

Karen, always interesting to read different viewpoints on what makes a correct dog, so please do stop procrastinating on doing your own version for your website!
Jo
Jo

Back to top Go down

Discussion of American Breed Standard Empty Re: Discussion of American Breed Standard

Post  MsBritmor Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:32 pm

SO much easier said than done, Jo. I've recently added one more old dog to my household, and I needed him like another hole in my head. One of my dogs was returned because his owner didn't have the guts to put him down herself. 13-year-old Nick is now blind, mostly deaf, very overweight, and appears to prefer eating later in the day over morning. His owner kept him tied up outside and IN, and was limiting his water so he wouldn't have to go outside as often! He is adapting very well now after a week (loose during the day, and in a pen at night), and he is fitting in nicely with the other old, "needy" dogs that are downstairs, but he is one more dog to carry in and out to their special pen and it all adds to my workload... and the puppies, of course, are requiring more and more special time of their own. By the time I am done doing dogs, I am worn out.
MsBritmor
MsBritmor
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down