Schnauzer Page Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World dog show 2011

+6
Grovelea
Jo
des matins de cristal
lv
blacknwhite
D'el casa di Vita
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

World dog show 2011 Empty World dog show 2011

Post  D'el casa di Vita Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:47 pm

Here you an see the judges Wink
http://www.worlddogshow.fr/jury%20mondiale.htm
D'el casa di Vita
D'el casa di Vita

Back to top Go down

World dog show 2011 Empty Re: World dog show 2011

Post  blacknwhite Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:29 pm

will there be extra shows like for the euro show?
blacknwhite
blacknwhite

Back to top Go down

Post  lv Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:12 pm

The French championship show will be the next day but no club show. But we still don't know whether the french title will be given without the usual conditions (ie TAN, Dysplasia, CSAU speciale CAC etc ...) and of course, we don't know the judges.... typical french I'm afraid !

lv

Back to top Go down

Post  des matins de cristal Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:54 pm

lv wrote:The French championship show will be the next day but no club show. But we still don't know whether the french title will be given without the usual conditions (ie TAN, Dysplasia, CSAU speciale CAC etc ...) and of course, we don't know the judges.... typical french I'm afraid !

Surprised Surprised Surprised
des matins de cristal
des matins de cristal

Back to top Go down

Post  blacknwhite Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:12 pm

sorry friends i have another question scratch
in england we do not show our colours seperately but under FCI you do. will all 4 colours be being judged at the same time? what do you do if you have dogs in more than one colour? you have to pick and choose which dogs to show or not?
thank you for being patient with me and answering my questions
blacknwhite
blacknwhite

Back to top Go down

Post  D'el casa di Vita Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:29 pm

In france they give ich collor a CAC,so they are not all in same time.
Fot me it is not my ting...when i was on the crufts...i saw the mini's and they are not the mini's how i know...it looks like a diffirent breed..
So it is for me also in amerika,not all,but the most of the schauzers,look not like a schnauzer...
D'el casa di Vita
D'el casa di Vita

Back to top Go down

Post  blacknwhite Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:24 pm

Thanks for the reply, my friend will help me show some of my dogs. maybe the judge will like them, maybe they wont wont but it is a chance to experiance a different way of judging and showing in another country.
blacknwhite
blacknwhite

Back to top Go down

Post  Jo Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:38 pm

Marian, I think at least some of what you say is down to the way the dogs are groomed. We also work to a different breed standard, so again will be highlighting different things in the way we present our dogs. Yes, there is also a big American influence in a lot of the dogs, especially the p/s colour and to some degree in the b/s and blacks too. The whites here are as much a mix of influences as everywhere else, some of the most influencial whites were born in the UK.

B&W I think you will find that colour classes are as likely to clash as if we enter a stakes class as well as breed classes - or is it just me that ends up with them both on at the same time? Very Happy
Jo
Jo

Back to top Go down

Post  blacknwhite Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:50 pm

I've only ever entered stakes classes at the club shows where they are done last so never had that issue, but hopefully i'll be ok and have someone else to help me handle the dogs Smile
blacknwhite
blacknwhite

Back to top Go down

Post  D'el casa di Vita Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:21 am

Here in Holland are all 4 colour minischnauzer a different breed.
For me you don't see a Golden retriever is the same ring as the Nova scottia duck tolling retriever...they are 2 different breeds,and so for me it is with the mini's. Wink
And as you said...the p/s is diffirent as here,the neck and the ears are not like the dogs here.
Tha blacks i have seen on the crufts....they where thinny,small,not like a robust schnauzer....

D'el casa di Vita
D'el casa di Vita

Back to top Go down

Post  blacknwhite Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:25 pm

Most people normally say british mini's are bigger than european ones.
blacknwhite
blacknwhite

Back to top Go down

Post  D'el casa di Vita Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:49 am

blacknwhite wrote:Most people normally say british mini's are bigger than european ones.
No that is can't say....
I think the mini's are more bigger in the european then in the UK....
D'el casa di Vita
D'el casa di Vita

Back to top Go down

Post  blacknwhite Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:44 pm

well i think its going to be fab at the world show Smile
blacknwhite
blacknwhite

Back to top Go down

Post  Grovelea Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:32 am

Yes, dannie, just enjoy it, a new experiance is allways good. I may come along with my new girl ....
Grovelea
Grovelea

Back to top Go down

Post  blacknwhite Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:13 am

Oh very exciting Sue! Smile
blacknwhite
blacknwhite

Back to top Go down

World dog show 2011 Empty Re world dog show.

Post  rose Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:18 pm

This year was the first year we went to the Cyprus show and i found things very very different from the UK's Crufts.
The quality of most of the dogs weren't that good but those dogs which were of good quality shone.
The only Schnauzer entered was a giant female which had a fluffy groomed coat. To be honest i was shocked that anyone would show the dog in that condition.
The standards of the handlers was also not good .
The judges of these shows in Europe are qualified experienced judges, so why are the standards and expectations so different between them.? They are experienced in their chosen breed standards, surely they should be judging to that? What do people have to aspire to if they are blessed for showing a dog which is so far from the breed norm.?
Friends of our were showing their Shar Pei, a breed i have known and bred for many years before moving here, i found the judges very poor regarding 'eyes' which in the UK would be high priority. As with the Giant Schnauzer i have never ever seen a dog shown with such a coat, something which would be priority in the UK.
When i am wondering will all this change and things come together? Otherwise anyone showing within the EU will have to find out whats expected before entering. Should i hand strip or make my giant look like a power puff? happy happy

rose

Back to top Go down

Post  Jo Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:17 pm

The UK also has soft coated/heavy coat/furnished giants being shown!
Jo
Jo

Back to top Go down

Post  marceborzoi Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:10 am

Well, I think I'll be at the WDS'11 with my black mini too Smile I am not expecting very high placements, I'm more coming to participate in Junior Handling, than in breed ring... Very Happy
marceborzoi
marceborzoi

Back to top Go down

Post  blacknwhite Mon May 23, 2011 10:13 am

Can someone please tell me what if any products are allowed to be used on your dog in France when showing? Just shampoo and conditioner or do they allow chalk and hairspray? also is any coat preparation allowed to be done at the show? so can you do any styling or only a quick brush through?
blacknwhite
blacknwhite

Back to top Go down

Post  des matins de cristal Mon May 23, 2011 10:28 pm

The rules in France is " no grooming in the show", no cisors, no spay, no lacquer, no shalk. Just brush and comb :-((
But i use lacquer and some time a little use of cisor ! On a show a man of the organisation has taken a cisor of a breeder ....so be careful for the France CH but may be for the WDS it could be different ? how is in other countries ?
Regards from France
des matins de cristal
des matins de cristal

Back to top Go down

Post  blacknwhite Mon May 23, 2011 10:38 pm

In the UK we are allowed to trim at shows, we are not supposed to lacquer of chalk but many do and nothing seems to be said.
Thank you for your information on rules regarding preparation of dogs in France Smile
blacknwhite
blacknwhite

Back to top Go down

Post  des matins de cristal Mon May 23, 2011 10:43 pm

You are welcome, i am in France so if i can help a little it's with great pleasure :-))
des matins de cristal
des matins de cristal

Back to top Go down

Post  Jo Mon May 23, 2011 10:54 pm

I hope you can help me with a good cup of coffee! Very Happy
Jo
Jo

Back to top Go down

Post  blacknwhite Tue May 24, 2011 10:32 am

ha ha yes i think my friend will be looking for a good cup of coffee too, she likes decent coffee. Jo is Levi going to paris?
blacknwhite
blacknwhite

Back to top Go down

Post  Jo Tue May 24, 2011 5:54 pm

haha Nathy owes me a coffee, hence my comment above! Very Happy

No, he won't be there, not fair to put him into quarentine for a month, just to go to the world show!

Jo
Jo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next