Schnauzer Page Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What made you want your first schnauzer?

+2
snasapjasa
SchnauzkyLVR
6 posters

Go down

What made you want your first schnauzer? Empty What made you want your first schnauzer?

Post  SchnauzkyLVR Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:26 pm

How did you decide to choose getting your first schnauzer compared to other dog breeds? Smile

-I chose to get one because my aunt had a standard size one when i was younger and i loved her, and wanted my own. Then I decided i wanted a bigger dog such as a lab, but then my mother in law (who is a breeder) gave us ours for a present a few years ago..and he is just the best and most fun dog! really proud to own a schnauzer!
SchnauzkyLVR
SchnauzkyLVR

Back to top Go down

What made you want your first schnauzer? Empty Re: What made you want your first schnauzer?

Post  snasapjasa Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:11 am

My first schnauzer...mmmmmm...hehe.
I think it is becouse i love how they act.. hyperactive like myself:) And they are very clever, and cute:)
And my husband looooves Germany, but not dogs. But when i told him that Schnauzers where originaly from Germany, i was half way throu;)
And now with my first schnauzer named Berlin(affcourse)..she has totally changed his mind. I think that Berlin is the best and most intelegent dog that iv'e ever known in my life:)
She made me love the breed, shes an caracter;)
snasapjasa
snasapjasa

Back to top Go down

What made you want your first schnauzer? Empty Re: What made you want your first schnauzer?

Post  des matins de cristal Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:28 pm

I don't choose my first dog, my parents had a vetenuary as friend and he knew i wanted a dog. One day, i had 11 years old, he cames with a medium salt and pepper, Charlys, his owner changed of country and could'nt keep him ..So after as i have decided to have an other dog, it was of cause schnauzer i don't think to an other breed !
des matins de cristal
des matins de cristal

Back to top Go down

Post  MsBritmor Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:35 am

I was one of those children who wanted every dog she saw. One day I was waiting with my German Shepherd, Rocky, for the veterinarian to return from lunch, when this little silver-colored, freshly-groomed miniature schnauzer came walking in from one of the back rooms to say hello. He had the softest coat I had ever felt, and I told myself that one day I would really like a dog like that. I used to run to a nearby store every month when the "Dog World" magazine arrived, and I loved reading all the ads in it.... and I fell in love with a picture of a black-and-silver schnauzer in there.

Eventually I grew up and got married, and when we moved from our apartment into our first house, I wanted to get a dog... another shepherd, of course, but husband said a shepherd was too large for us. One day I was reading the advertisements for dogs in our Sunday newspaper, and there was an ad for a BS puppy! I twisted Skip's arm, and off we went.... and Greta came to live with us, forever after changing our lives, and me. Greta was the most dominant and most intelligent dog I have ever known, and because of her, I will never own anything but a schnauzer.
MsBritmor
MsBritmor
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  JodyandJanna Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:53 pm

I just love the German culture... and Schnauzers are originally from Germany... so...

The first time I saw a Schnauzer I just loved it. Energetic, intelligent, playful and nice to my Shih Tzu mix puppy. No need to say I would never forget the special appearence of a Schnauzer.

Time flies and my Shih Tzu mix was already 5 years old last year. She had a lot of bad habits throughout the years, and treated herself the queen in the house. Strangers and other dogs were definitely NOT WELCOME to our place. I always wanted to find a pal for her, but hesitated to do so because of her defensive characters.

It was back in January 2009, my uncle from overseas told me that he could not keep the baby mini anymore, and checked if I was able to adopt her. One afer another debates with my family, I finally chose to take the risk and get the dream dog that I was looking for years. I heard of many good stories of Schnauzers, but not quite sure if my "queen" would accept her as part of the family.

It was rough in the beginning... the Shih Tzu mix was very territorial and defensive. Too many places that she would not let the new comer go. The Mini Schnauzer was innocent, and learned the "rules" in the hard way in many occasions. Out of my surprise, Janna, the Mini Schnauzer reacted positively to everything. The moment she was nipped by Jody, the Shih Tzu mix, 10 seconds later she would ask Jody to play again. Janna is just a happy camper naturally.

After a couple of months of Janna's consistent friendliness and playful mind, Jody started accepting Janna and they started learning each other's behaviors, especially Janna. For instance, Jody would put her paw on our hands and ask for tummy scretching... Janna saw that, and do the same thing. The only difference is, Jody did that in a soft touch, and Janna did that in a powerful way, and wouldn't stop until we give in.

I know Schnauzer will be the only choice when I buy/adopt a dog next time. Go Schnauzer!!!
JodyandJanna
JodyandJanna

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:46 am

In early 1960's, I went to a small dog show and saw my first schnauzer - a mini- and I fell in love with it's looks. A few years later, we got our own mini and then two years later, another one. By that time, we lived here in the country and our next 8 dogs have all been large ones.
(Each one has been loved equally.. and the ones that have crossed over the Bridge are still missed.)

A little over 3 years ago, when we had had golden retrievers for a good many years, there was some criminal activity down the road from where we live. I told hubby that we needed a large "protection/alert" dog. We've always loved goldens, but I felt that now we are older, we needed a dog that would not "welcome with open paws" everyone onto our property.

I checked on large dog breeds and breeders and settled for a giant schnauzer and that's how Trav entered our lives and our hearts. Hubby wants a second giant now, but we still have one golden, an old guy. We have usually had three dogs at a time, but, now that we are older, two dogs at a time is enough.

Back to top Go down

Post  allaboutourdogs Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:15 am

The day I saw my min pin, I instantly became in love with it. I think for only 3 days before I got her. LOL!
allaboutourdogs
allaboutourdogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down