Schnauzer Page Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello from Iceland.

4 posters

Go down

Hello from Iceland. Empty Hello from Iceland.

Post  Esther Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:29 pm

Hello.
My name is Esther, Kennel Svartskeggs in Iceland.
I breed minis, all colors. But at the moment I’m starting in whites so my focus is in that color. I have a small kennel, only 6 dogs that all live inside the house with my but in total I have around 11 dogs.

My newest dogs are three whites, ISCH SUCH Dynamic Dolce Vita Of Roxy´s Pride, Silfurskugga Capone White Boss and Madonna Rey Prag. (Madonna is still in Sweden)

Iceland is an island alone in the middle of Atlantic Ocean. It’s a challenge to breed dogs in Iceland, the country has very strict import rules and all dogs that comes here has to go first to quarantine and only that cost about 1500 dollars and to top that we have only 3-4 shows a year (2 of them CACIB) and very hard competition in the showring. But I love a challenge Very Happy

I have only had 5 miniature litters since a starting breeding them (first I was in black Giants), so I’m really just beginning and at the moment this dog is my pride; Svartskeggs Darth Vader frá Jackpot. He is only 20 month old now and I own him with friend of mine. He has done great in shows and has been ether Best puppy, Best of breed or Best sex in almost all the shows he has enter here in Iceland.

Hello from Iceland. 2w49zy10

Hello from Iceland. N743112575_1387823_6877
Svartskeggs Darth Vader frá Jackpot with his Co-owner and handler, Ragga.

More info in my homepage. www.svartskeggs.com

Last edited by Esther on Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:04 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : New pic)

Esther

Back to top Go down

Hello from Iceland. Empty Re: Hello from Iceland.

Post  Amistar's Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:38 pm

Very Happy Really a challenge to breed dogs there!!! welcome here!

I wish you a lot of luck! and look forward for more pictures cheers
Amistar's
Amistar's

Back to top Go down

Post  RIVENDELL Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:38 pm

Hi, Esther !

Thank you for showing Denis in Iceland !!!
RIVENDELL
RIVENDELL

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:02 pm

Amistar's wrote:Very Happy Really a challenge to breed dogs there!!! welcome here!

I wish you a lot of luck! and look forward for more pictures cheers

Thanks, and yes it really is. But I hope that Iceland will soon be a member of European Union and then this stupid import rules can chance. Now we cant even bring pregnant bitches to Iceland, only frosen semen and puppies has to be 7 months old from most contries. But I have great friends around the world that have helped me, and thats ofcurse priceless.

Esther

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:09 pm

RIVENDELL wrote:Hi, Esther !

Thank you for showing Denis in Iceland !!!

Ohh it was my pleasure. He is a great dog, excellent temperament and a great showman.
He left some puppies here that I’m hoping will be great in the future and If he stayed here for another year I’m sure he will had his Interchampion title also. But that’s the only thing that’s great about Iceland; Dog can get his Interchampion title only showing in Icelandic shows, it only takes time and ofcourse excellent dog Wink

Esther

Back to top Go down

Post  RIVENDELL Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:40 pm

I'm so happy that you are glad from him Smile

I didn't know about special rules for ICH for your country.
But some things are better other are worst....
RIVENDELL
RIVENDELL

Back to top Go down

Post  Randi's Ushabti Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:14 pm

More white, I love it. Welcome cheers
Randi's Ushabti
Randi's Ushabti

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down