Schnauzer Page Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BUYER - cheating with cheques

4 posters

Go down

BUYER - cheating with cheques Empty BUYER - cheating with cheques

Post  sternenhoch Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:28 pm

I'd like to tell you here about the story which happened to us - take a good care if someone is ordering puppy and want to pay very quickly by checque!

By my last black and silver litter I hade 2 boys for sale and I got email from some guy which wrote he is from Ireland. He wrote nicely that he wants the puppy for his daughter, that he is in bussiness a lot and they want a pet dog for a daughter. It looked fine, but as the puppy should go to iceland where blood test is required, he has to pay rabies tests and so, than the price was 2000 Euro all in all plus shipping. He agreed right away and said he wants one more and he will pay more if I will keep other buyers back - here started my suspesions and I was already decieded not to sell anything, but my cruiosity was working to see, what he really wants. Suddenly the puppy was for his wife and no word about daughter. At this time puppy was already sold to other really nice people, but I continued with him, because I simply wanted to know.
Than he wrote that he will organizate the shipping by himself with his co-op company in Nigeria, which is transporting everything for him and that he is sending me checque for 6000 euro. I should keep the 4000 for two puppies and send the 2000 to the company, than I wrote I dont have the second puppy, only the one. He wrote - doesn't matter, just send the 4000 euro by Western Union to the company he wrote. I was already sure its cheating of cheatings, but I wrote that I will not send any money, only if he will send it by Western Union. In between came a checque on 6000 Euro, Lukas took it to bank just to ask if its covered and they said - its private checque, so covering we cannt tell you now. In this time we knew everything about it, so luckely we didnt ask the money from the cheque and this checque is just a souvenir from this corespondence...

So - how its working - you are getting asking about buying from email like robij...n2008@yahoo.com - they are using free emails, where you cannt catch anyone. Than they don't care about price and are interesting only to post you money and quickly, asking you to collect them in bank and send part of them to transporter in Nigeria ( More links about this cheating ). But you should use Western Union, so you have no chance to get them back. After some time bank will find out that the cheque is not covered and want their money back from you, but you already sent them to Nigeria. In final youre standing with doubts to bank.

SO BE VERY CAREFUL ABOUT THESE CHEATING TYPES. Here is anonymous checque which was propably stolen or at least not covered ...

BUYER - cheating with cheques Check10
sternenhoch
sternenhoch
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

BUYER - cheating with cheques Empty Re: BUYER - cheating with cheques

Post  Jo Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:25 pm

Sadly that is a well known fraud and not just for puppies, these people will offer to buy anything that is advertised on the internet and send payment well above asking price.
Jo
Jo

Back to top Go down

Post  Randi's Ushabti Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:38 pm

A few weeks a go there was an artikel in the paper about a simalar case of internet fraude. But this was about the adoption of an English Bulldog puppy from Tanzania. The puppy was free, but the you had to pay for the shipment. Later also for the vaccination, then the pup was snd to the wrong plave and you have to pag again for the transfer, ... A few mounths later some people had paid more then 4000,- € There was also a check involved for refound, ect, ect, ...

And yesterday it was in the news that up to now Belgian people lost 13.000.000€ all together to internet fraude this year only.
Randi's Ushabti
Randi's Ushabti

Back to top Go down

Post  Morningstar Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:34 am

This scam is very common in the USA. At least 3 times that has been tried with me, thank goodness I am a suspicious person and require several phone calls and/or references from other breeders that I have had contact with in the past, or that breeders I do have contact with know who the person is. These requierments didn't start because of the scam, but so I could make sure the home was where I wanted one of my babies to go. It just so happens to work sniffing out suspicious characters also. It makes it harder to sell puppies, but I haven't been cheated either.

Teresa
MorningStar Miniature Schnauzers
Morningstar
Morningstar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum