Schnauzer Page Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Char N'Co ONE MORE FOR THE ROAD x FANCY Rezlark

2 posters

Go down

Char N'Co ONE MORE FOR THE ROAD x FANCY Rezlark Empty Char N'Co ONE MORE FOR THE ROAD x FANCY Rezlark

Post  Krystyna Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:17 pm

On 12th of March there are born 5 puppies in Nan Eldar kennel :
1 black boy
2 black girls
2 s&p girls ( carry b&s gene !!! )

Father : Ch PL, Mł Ch PL Char N'Co. ONE MORE FOR THE ROAD
Mother : INTCh, Ch PL, SLO, RU, Mł Ch PL FANCY Rezlark

Char N'Co ONE MORE FOR THE ROAD x FANCY Rezlark Dscn2391pomniejszone

Char N'Co ONE MORE FOR THE ROAD x FANCY Rezlark Dscn2411pomniejszone

More information : http://www.naneldar.wer.pl
Krystyna
Krystyna

Back to top Go down

Char N'Co ONE MORE FOR THE ROAD x FANCY Rezlark Empty Re: Char N'Co ONE MORE FOR THE ROAD x FANCY Rezlark

Post  MsBritmor Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:13 pm

Krystyna wrote:On 12th of March there are born 5 puppies in Nan Eldar kennel :
1 black boy
2 black girls

How do you know that they carry the BS gene?
MsBritmor
MsBritmor
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Char N'Co ONE MORE FOR THE ROAD x FANCY Rezlark Empty Re: Char N'Co ONE MORE FOR THE ROAD x FANCY Rezlark

Post  Krystyna Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:43 pm

MsBritmor wrote:
Krystyna wrote:On 12th of March there are born 5 puppies in Nan Eldar kennel :
1 black boy
2 black girls

How do you know that they carry the BS gene?

Whiskey ( Char N'Co. One More For The Road ) is after b&s father and black mother. The combination has been done twice, in both litters were only black and b&s puppies ( I don't remember precisely amount of puppies in both these litters : 11 or 12 ). Whiskey's mother probably is homozygotus b&s/b&s in locus A,but we can not be sure, if we know only about 2 her litters with b&s male.
Whiskey was bred to 4 b&s females and never produced s&p in these litters, only black and b&s ( total 22 puppies).
B&s miniature schnauzers are homozygotus in locus A - both allels are b&s. Black dogs can be in locus A : b&s/b&s (homozygotus ) or s&p/b&s ( heterozygotus ). If Whiskey would have s&p gene in locus A, then he would produce any s&p puppy with any of b&s female, because s&p gene is dominant to b&s. I think Whiskey has both allels b&s in locus A, so he can give to his puppies only b&s gene. If mother is b&s , in the litter with Whiskey can be only b&s or black.
Whiskey produced a few s&p puppies in his litters , but ONLY with black females. The s&p gene was then always from black mother ( s&p/b&s in locus A ). His s&p puppies have b&s gene ( recessive ) from Whiskey and s&p ( dominant ) from mother.

I am sorry for my bad English.
Krystyna
Krystyna

Back to top Go down

Post  MsBritmor Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:12 pm

The color black and silver is a simple recessive gene.

If two carriers of BS breed, 50% of the offspring will be carriers of the gene and are able to produce that color, 25% will be BS (affected), and 25% will not be carriers at all and cannot produce BS (clear).

If a BS carrier is bred to a dog who is NOT a carrier of BS, 50% of the offspring will be carriers and 50% will NOT be carriers and they cannot produce the color.

If a BS (affected) is bred to another BS (affected), ALL offspring will be BS.

If a BS (affected) is bred to a BS carrier, 50% will be BS (affected) and 50% will be carriers.

If a BS (affected) is bred to a dog that does NOT carry the BS gene, ALL offpring will be BS carriers.

Whiskey is a BS carrier because his sire was a BS; he can only produce BS if he is bred to another carrier (or a BS). If he is bred to a clear bitch (non-carrier), 50% of the offspring will be carriers, and 50% will not carry the BS gene at all. Those SP girls may... or may not... be carriers. One can only tell through breeding which ones carry and which do not. Some believe that the SP who are BS carriers have a white marker over the nose, but I do not find that to be true since I have had BS who did not have that marker.

It can be very easy to lose that BS gene, which is why I always cross my other colors with a BS so that I always keep that gene alive in my breeding program. Black and silver has been my primary color here for 40 years.
MsBritmor
MsBritmor
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  MsBritmor Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:21 pm

By the way, the first time I bred for black in my breeding program, I leased a black bitch and bred her to my best-colored BS male. I wanted a good black male. The first three puppies were SP, then we had one BS, and three blacks.
MsBritmor
MsBritmor
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Krystyna Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:31 pm

MsBritmor wrote:
Some believe that the SP who are BS carriers have a white marker over the nose, but I do not find that to be true since I have had BS who did not have that marker.

I think you mean SP...
Krystyna
Krystyna

Back to top Go down

Post  Krystyna Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:30 pm

MsBritmor wrote:The color black and silver is a simple recessive gene.

If two carriers of BS breed, 50% of the offspring will be carriers of the gene and are able to produce that color, 25% will be BS (affected), and 25% will not be carriers at all and cannot produce BS (clear).

If a BS carrier is bred to a dog who is NOT a carrier of BS, 50% of the offspring will be carriers and 50% will NOT be carriers and they cannot produce the color.

If a BS (affected) is bred to another BS (affected), ALL offspring will be BS.

If a BS (affected) is bred to a BS carrier, 50% will be BS (affected) and 50% will be carriers.

If a BS (affected) is bred to a dog that does NOT carry the BS gene, ALL offpring will be BS carriers.

Whiskey is a BS carrier because his sire was a BS; he can only produce BS if he is bred to another carrier (or a BS). If he is bred to a clear bitch (non-carrier), 50% of the offspring will be carriers, and 50% will not carry the BS gene at all. Those SP girls may... or may not... be carriers. One can only tell through breeding which ones carry and which do not. Some believe that the SP who are BS carriers have a white marker over the nose, but I do not find that to be true since I have had BS who did not have that marker.

It can be very easy to lose that BS gene, which is why I always cross my other colors with a BS so that I always keep that gene alive in my breeding program. Black and silver has been my primary color here for 40 years.
I agree with everything you wrote about genetics. If dog is a carrier of BS, 50 % of his puppies will be carriers too, 50% not. What is a chance to get SP puppy after black male ( carrier of BS and SP ) and BS female ? 25 % right ? If so, it is quite big probability.
Whiskey produced 22 puppies in 4 litters , where mothers were BS. 50% of puppies were BS, 50% black. No one SP, althought in every of these litters there was a chance of 25% to get any SP.

According all informations we have there is a possibility to calculate the probability, that Whiskey is BS/BS in locus A , same as a probability of carrying BS gene by his SP offsprings. It is to complicated for me to calculate that precisely in %, but the probability of that facts is really very high.

If we would like to calculate risk of some diseases, we can do test litters and check these puppies. I have read such example : Juvenile Cataract in miniature schanzuers seems to be inherited as a simple autosomal recessive trait. Tested dog was breed twice to an affected female and produced 11 puppies in 2 litters. All puppies were healthy, and the tested dog got a status 99,999% clear for CJ.

Krystyna
Krystyna

Back to top Go down

Post  MsBritmor Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:33 am

Krystyna wrote:
MsBritmor wrote:
Some believe that the SP who are BS carriers have a white marker over the nose, but I do not find that to be true since I have had BS who did not have that marker.

I think you mean SP...

No, I DID mean BS. http://britmorschnauzers.com/finn.html Although I DO have a SP here carrying BS who does not have that white marker over the nose either. He is a son of Finn.
MsBritmor
MsBritmor
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down