Schnauzer Page Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello new to mini schnauzer and looking for show quality mini female pup

4 posters

Go down

Hello new to mini schnauzer and looking for show quality mini female pup Empty Hello new to mini schnauzer and looking for show quality mini female pup

Post  ballywildrick Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:51 am

Hello

Iam looking for advice on buying a mini puppy from Europe. I am new to Schnauzers and am looking for a show standard female pup. Just wondering if European schnauzers are routinely eye tested. Also how much are they likely to be and advice on transport/quarantine to uk.

Many thanks

ballywildrick

Back to top Go down

Hello new to mini schnauzer and looking for show quality mini female pup Empty Re: Hello new to mini schnauzer and looking for show quality mini female pup

Post  blacknwhite Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:36 am

Hello and welcome,
Interesting you choose europen type, any particular reason for this? I also love european dogs and love looking at some of the superb quality europe has to offer showcased in the sections here.

I believe they do not test the same as we do in the UK, i am not sure but i don't think they litter screen at 6-8 weeks and i believe they only test once whereas we encourge yearly testing up to 8 years old for breeding stock. Good luck in finding a pup, which colour are you interested in?

Last edited by blacknwhite on Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot to say welcome! ooops)
blacknwhite
blacknwhite

Back to top Go down

Hello new to mini schnauzer and looking for show quality mini female pup Empty Re: Hello new to mini schnauzer and looking for show quality mini female pup

Post  Xtravaschnauza Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:37 pm

At least Finnish Standards are checked by all responsible breeders prior to mating.

If you want to check expected litters in Finland, here's the link to puppy list in English: http://www.ssnk.fi/en/kasvattajat/pentueet.shtml
Xtravaschnauza
Xtravaschnauza

Back to top Go down

Post  Xtravaschnauza Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:47 pm

Ooops, sorry, I read "standard female pup" and thought you were looking for a Standard Schnauzer.

But yes at least in the Nordic countries, "all" responsible breeders have their dogs eyes checked prior to mating.
Xtravaschnauza
Xtravaschnauza

Back to top Go down

Post  SchnauzkyLVR Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:48 am

hello there! Very Happy
welcome aboard!
good to have you here. Do you have any pics of your dog?
SchnauzkyLVR
SchnauzkyLVR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down