Schnauzer Page Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello from Minnesota, USA!

+3
sternenhoch
tonda
MsBritmor
7 posters

Go down

Hello from Minnesota, USA! Empty Hello from Minnesota, USA!

Post  MsBritmor Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:44 am

My name is Karen Brittan, Britmor Miniature Schnauzers. I have been involved with Miniature Schnauzers since I got my first one in 1970. My favorite color is black-and-silver, but I now have a few black ones, plus a couple salt-and-peppers thrown in for good measure. This is such a delightful breed that I will never own anything else.

I have done conformation, obedience/rally, earthdog (yes, we can do that here), dabbled in tracking and herding, and my younger daughter is heavily into agility. Schnauzers are the most versatile breed EVER!
MsBritmor
MsBritmor
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Hello from Minnesota, USA! Empty Welcome!!!

Post  tonda Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:30 am

Hello, it´s really nice to see you there Very Happy Many times I was on your site and "study" your dogs, grooming articles etc. So I´m so happy that you´re finnaly there and I hope that you´ll have good time with us on this nice forum. Simply welcome cheers
tonda
tonda

Back to top Go down

Hello from Minnesota, USA! Empty Thank you...

Post  MsBritmor Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:25 am

very much for the nice welcome. There isn't much I like better than talking about schnauzers. Very Happy
MsBritmor
MsBritmor
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Hello from Minnesota, USA! Empty Hi and welcome!

Post  sternenhoch Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:25 am

Hi Karen and welcome to our forum, I think we will have a lot to speak about - grooming, showing, breeding ... I'm looking forward for informations from you and we are happy we have well known breeders like you on our forum!
sternenhoch
sternenhoch
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Hello from Minnesota, USA! Empty Hello

Post  Rianne Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:18 pm

hello,

I think you have a beautiful site with great information and gorgeous dogs on it!!
I love the style how you groom your dogs, really wonderfull!!!!

greetings Rianne
Rianne
Rianne

Back to top Go down

Hello from Minnesota, USA! Empty Re: Hello from Minnesota, USA!

Post  RaagasHeartKennel Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:37 pm

A warm hello to my Idol

Norland!
RaagasHeartKennel
RaagasHeartKennel

Back to top Go down

Hello from Minnesota, USA! Empty Hi!

Post  kahlua Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:47 am

Hi Karen! I finally made it here. *grin* Like others, thank you for your insight in all things schnauzers. I love going through your site, hoping to see more pictures of your dogs.

Is that Moosie in your avatar?

-Marla
kahlua
kahlua

Back to top Go down

Hello from Minnesota, USA! Empty Thanks!

Post  MsBritmor Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:47 am

kahlua wrote:

Is that Moosie in your avatar?

Glad to see you made it here, Marla. Yes, that is the Moose... and the one in my sig line is his mother, Mia.
MsBritmor
MsBritmor
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  MsBritmor Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:12 am

Thank you, Ana. I am pleased that you have enjoyed my website!
MsBritmor
MsBritmor
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaD Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:39 am

I have followed your website for some time long before I found this forum and saw you here. I admire your honesty on your webpage, how informative she is and the endless wisdom that you can share.

I whish that where more breeders like you. The knowledge that you have and are ready to share is timeless. And furthermore I do like your minis and the work they do Very Happy So nice to see them work at their job ment to be, as wermin hunters, really good sight to see...
AnnaD
AnnaD

Back to top Go down

Post  MsBritmor Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:02 am

Thank you, Anna. I will say that I am primarily "self-taught" as I had no real mentor, but I did ask a LOT of questions when starting out, went to every seminar I could find (particularly on structure/movement and dog behavior), read everything I could get my hands on, and watched a lot of handlers AND dogs at the shows. I also tried to get my hands on a lot of dogs to see what was really under the hair.

I think it is a CRIME for breeders to not share the information they have learned over the years. Newcomers to the breed should not have to "reinvent the wheel" every time. No wonder new breeders tend to leave the breed after about five years... the learning curve is just too high. When I take on a new person to mentor, I always ask that they share their knowledge with others. It is only right.
MsBritmor
MsBritmor
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum