Schnauzer Page Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star's The Full Monty

4 posters

Go down

Star's The Full Monty Empty Star's The Full Monty

Post  Morningstar Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:34 am

Monty recieved CAC, CACIB and BOS Sat. 7-18. He is owned by Jane Haagstrom of Bamburs. She is suppose to be sent photos and I will post them when she sends them to me. bounce My avatar is him a few months ago, when he was still being naughty and not stacking!
Morningstar
Morningstar

Back to top Go down

Star's The Full Monty Empty oops

Post  Morningstar Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:50 am

Posted before I finished! I had taught him to stack American style and he had to relearn to overstretch when he got to Sweden! Embarassed
Morningstar
Morningstar

Back to top Go down

Star's The Full Monty Empty Re: Star's The Full Monty

Post  Jo Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:53 am

I've never understood stretching out a breed that should be short backed and square Surprised

He looks nice in your avatar.
Jo
Jo

Back to top Go down

Star's The Full Monty Empty Monty

Post  Morningstar Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:57 am

Thank you! His half sister is hopefully, as good as, or better than him. Time will tell! Very Happy I don't understand the stretch either, it isn't the best way to show confirmation in my opinion. Dont tell
Morningstar
Morningstar

Back to top Go down

Post  Alberto Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:16 pm

Morningstar wrote:Monty recieved CAC, CACIB and BOS Sat. 7-18. He is owned by Jane Haagstrom of Bamburs. She is suppose to be sent photos and I will post them when she sends them to me. bounce My avatar is him a few months ago, when he was still being naughty and not stacking!

Congratulations for your boy! Smile
Alberto
Alberto

Back to top Go down

Star's The Full Monty Empty photo

Post  Morningstar Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:27 pm

Here is Monty's photo and I am so sorry, I do not know who the other male on the right is. It was the Köping International show Swedish Kennelclub judge was Torbjörn Skaar (I hope I did this right and the photo shows up)

[/img]
Morningstar
Morningstar

Back to top Go down

Post  Morningstar Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:30 pm

ok, will try again.....if this doesn't work, I give up! LOL!

[img]Star's The Full Monty Montyfirstcaccacibandbo.th[/img]
Morningstar
Morningstar

Back to top Go down

Star's The Full Monty Empty Holy cow

Post  Morningstar Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:36 pm

Oh my stars! I think that is a female with a swollen vulva, not a male on the right. I apologize and feel sorta dumb. Surprised
Morningstar
Morningstar

Back to top Go down

Post  MsBritmor Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:06 pm

Jo wrote:I've never understood stretching out a breed that should be short backed and square.

I agree, plus it eliminates the curve in the stifle and makes the dog look straight in the rear. The only reason I can think of for over-extending the rear is to make the dog's topline slope more, which is a ridiculous reason for making another part of the dog look worse.
MsBritmor
MsBritmor
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Star's The Full Monty Empty overstretch

Post  Morningstar Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:43 pm

MsBritmor wrote:
Jo wrote:I've never understood stretching out a breed that should be short backed and square.

I agree, plus it eliminates the curve in the stifle and makes the dog look straight in the rear. The only reason I can think of for over-extending the rear is to make the dog's topline slope more, which is a ridiculous reason for making another part of the dog look worse.

I guess if you think about it, it is like all that fluffy hair so popular now. You can carve a good dog out of hair, whether they are really good or not. It takes a good judge to see through it. I have a friend who is a fantastic show mini groomer/handler and I have seen her do just that with a dog that was, let us say, not great. They are a working breed and I want them to look like they can work, which means furnishings that can't get caught in brambles. I must admit to fluffing away at furnishings myself though. Its harder to do with the proper texture. Less hair, see the dog. The hardest thing is to not breed for the ring, but for the breed. It is an unending journey, one that has me in its spell.
Morningstar
Morningstar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down