Schnauzer Page Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Miniature Schnazer, and size

+3
Myltan
Szende
snasapjasa
7 posters

Go down

Miniature Schnazer, and size Empty Miniature Schnazer, and size

Post  snasapjasa Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:41 pm

I just want to know your expiriance, in breeding the "RIGHT" sized miniature schnauzre, and so on.
I see sometimes lovley stud dogs, that are slightly too big, but with massive bones and strong body.
I mated my female(31.5) with a stud dog that is 37cm(a male with a very high topline and strong long neck thou)
The main reason for this mating, was that i was wery happy with the pedegree(and the type offcourse), and it was something that i was looking for in my breeding...But we live in Iceland and we had only one dog here with this Pedegree, so i used him.
IM very happy that i did use this male, becouse my litter turned out quite nicely, and i cept a female and male formyself.
But im still waiting for them to grow(only 4 months old and 2 weeks). And after they have fully grown, i will see the final result angel .
Concerning theyr hight, three of the pupps have very strong body for age(look alot like ther father) and are still in good size becouse they are still young. There is only one pupp in the litter, the female that im very sure of shes going to be in good size, shes probably 2-4cm smaller than the other. But affcourse im still waiting with crossed fingers. Becouse they have everything that i ask for in a dog.
Affcourse i have a slight touch of breeders blindness, and they are all lovley...but im trying to be fair too Cool ..but i will show you pictures of them later on, when they will grow more, at this age..they are not so fine; Embarassed

Do you have any expiriance from mating your Bitch with a big stud dog 36+? And how did the puppys turn out.
I like to hear storys.
Do you have a magic formula to calculate the hight of pupps from a sirten age(how big they might get)? And did this formula work?
When do they stop growing? And what is your expriance????
thank you
snasapjasa
snasapjasa

Back to top Go down

Miniature Schnazer, and size Empty Re: Miniature Schnazer, and size

Post  Szende Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:58 pm

Hy,
I have asked almost the same questions from other breeders, and I got some answers: usually puppies grow until 5 month old, after this their growing is slower and they might grow 0.5-2 cm until the age of 1 year. I have a male, same age as your puppies (4 months), he is 31.5 cm high and 32 cm is his length, his head is 15 cm long. I think these are the mayor proportions you should measure, but I don't now if at this age my numbers are normal. My puppy is a male, 4.5 kg, and his father has 37 cm, his mother 35... so we are waiting as well for his final hight.
Please tell me your puppies concrete size and your opinion about mines :)
Szende
Szende

Back to top Go down

Post  Szende Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:59 pm

Also waiting for pictures from you :))
Szende
Szende

Back to top Go down

Miniature Schnazer, and size Empty Size

Post  Myltan Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:42 pm

Hi

After many puppies I find that if you measure the pup at 4 months of age you can add 4 cm and know the grown size of your dog. Off course it is not exact but it will give you a good clue. If your 4 month pup is 33 you can be sure it will be over sized.
I also find that males grow slower than females. Some will not stop growing in height until 11-12 months.

I have done some matings with small girl and big boy and got some small pups and some big. Unfortunatelly they never turn out a whole litter medium size No

Take care / Maria

Myltan

Back to top Go down

Post  Jo Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:27 pm

You may find this link interesting

http://britmorschnauzers.com/size.html
Jo
Jo

Back to top Go down

Post  D'el casa di Vita Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:11 pm

I have a female from 34 bred with a male from 32,so noting wrong,all the puppy have a nice size but one male is 38 pale
Now a have bred with a female from this litter with a male that is 36 and all the puppy's are small,max 34.

My firts litter was with a female from 36 and a male from 33,the puppy's are max 36.

And a female that is 34(her mother was 38)was bred with a male from 37 all the puppy are 35 and 36....

I have some list 8 weeks 20.5 cm
12 weeks 25.5 cm
4 months 30.5 cm
5 months 33 cm
Than they not going to big.....(they say that to me)
And one other person say exact on a age off 4 months 29 cm.....
D'el casa di Vita
D'el casa di Vita

Back to top Go down

Post  Szende Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:18 pm

My mother has a female westie, she is at the bottom limit of the standard and she mate her with a male from the upper limit, the result was one girl with the same size as her mother and a boy which was between his father and mother, so he had an excellent size....
Szende
Szende

Back to top Go down

Post  Jo Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:31 pm

If you have a small bitch, I think it best to try to find a mate who is correct size, as this is what you want to produce. Going to a tall male (or one at the top end of the height limit) is going to give you more variation in that generation and the next. Even then it can depend on how tall the dogs are behind the breeding pair.
Jo
Jo

Back to top Go down

Post  snasapjasa Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:53 pm

Jo wrote:You may find this link interesting

http://britmorschnauzers.com/size.html

Very interesting:)
snasapjasa
snasapjasa

Back to top Go down

Post  snasapjasa Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:55 pm

Szende wrote:Hy,
I have asked almost the same questions from other breeders, and I got some answers: usually puppies grow until 5 month old, after this their growing is slower and they might grow 0.5-2 cm until the age of 1 year. I have a male, same age as your puppies (4 months), he is 31.5 cm high and 32 cm is his length, his head is 15 cm long. I think these are the mayor proportions you should measure, but I don't now if at this age my numbers are normal. My puppy is a male, 4.5 kg, and his father has 37 cm, his mother 35... so we are waiting as well for his final hight.
Please tell me your puppies concrete size and your opinion about mines Smile

Mine is the same size and leinght as yours.
Im hoping he will only 2 cm smaller than the father.

Send me Pictures and i will send you:)
manekki@hotmail.com

About the size...how do you mazure it? Like the father of the pupps has very high topline..i think the best ive seen here in Iceland..and very long and thick neck. Thats what i like about the schnauzer. Like Standing, he was the perfect schnauzer for me...but in Good Size:) Sometimes it seems like the males that are in upper limits..seem to have stronger body mass, and thicker bones...is it true?
snasapjasa
snasapjasa

Back to top Go down

Post  des matins de cristal Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:35 pm

the last pup i get here :
Father 35 cms
Mother : 36 cms
and her 32 cms and she get her size at 5 monthes and now 8 monthes : 32 cms
she was the smallest but the other pup are now at 8 monthes (5 femalles and 1 male) beetwen 34 and 36 cms !
i have married an other female at 36 and a male at 36 one puppy female now adult 37 cms but very excellent on morphologie
and pillow !
Genetic is very uncertitude parameters for size too !
des matins de cristal
des matins de cristal

Back to top Go down

Post  snasapjasa Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:53 am

Miniature Schnazer, and size 2vv82ad

The father:) angel
snasapjasa
snasapjasa

Back to top Go down

Post  D'el casa di Vita Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:04 pm

Wow he is nice....
D'el casa di Vita
D'el casa di Vita

Back to top Go down

Post  snasapjasa Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:34 am

I must say it is a compliment coming from you, i like him alot Smile . Since you have a very nice dogs and obviously high standard in your breeding. Just by looking at your dogs in the web page:)
By the way my beauty saloon is named amira;) Like one of your very nice bitch Very Happy
snasapjasa
snasapjasa

Back to top Go down

Post  D'el casa di Vita Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:53 pm

Thank you for your kind words Embarassed
What great you named your salon Amira,it means princess....
Amira was a dog from my first litter.
And it is ,my males are good on the size...but I like the type.
Gomez brings nice small puppy's Wink
And Gwenno,I don't know,He will be the father of My new litter with Fajra.
D'el casa di Vita
D'el casa di Vita

Back to top Go down

Post  ravenstot Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:26 am

As it was mentioned already, there is no straight connection between size of parents and size of puppies. As I heard, dogs untill 3rd generation can affect puppies size.

I was a bit shoked, when from litter with mother 31 cm and father 35 cm I have got male 40 cm. Girls are OK and other male also, but anyway, 40cm......
ravenstot
ravenstot

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down