Schnauzer Page Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

black patches on my P.S bitches coat

2 posters

Go down

black patches on my P.S bitches coat Empty black patches on my P.S bitches coat

Post  hazir Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:47 am

someone told me the reason that the patches occurred was because of bad stripping technique maybe i don't know.anyway i started to finger strip those areas and guess what!!!!!!. yes holes occurred so as one does i panicked and that is the reason that i stripped her out completely so my question is this what is it that i was doing wrong????.

hazir

Back to top Go down

black patches on my P.S bitches coat Empty Re: black patches on my P.S bitches coat

Post  MsBritmor Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:01 pm

It really would help if you would post photos of examples of questions like this one.

Some SPs do have a darker stripe along their spine, but your question sounds like something else to me. Many dogs, if their skin is injured/damaged, will grow hair in that area that looks closer to their natural (stripped) coat color. A faded black or BS may have that hair come in black, and often with texture, and the same would apply to a SP, but that hair would usually come in banded.

Possibly your dog's skin was damaged the first time you stripped her out, or she had some sort of fungal infection in those areas.

black patches on my P.S bitches coat Ringworm

black patches on my P.S bitches coat Pict0212 Clicking on this photo will make it a bit larger. I'm still trying to figure out how to post a photo... this doesn't seem to work the way I remember.
MsBritmor
MsBritmor
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down