Schnauzer Page Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

STRIPPING OR CLIPPING WHITE SCHNAUZER

+6
Jo
Randi's Ushabti
waves
Olga
leepa
veronika11
10 posters

Go down

STRIPPING OR CLIPPING WHITE SCHNAUZER Empty STRIPPING OR CLIPPING WHITE SCHNAUZER

Post  veronika11 Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:56 pm

Hi everyone..i heard that in some parts of Europe white schnauzer owners prefer to clipp rather then stripp their schnauzer..so I'm intrested what all of you do with grooming your dog..??
I prefer stripping,but one day when show days are over I think clipping is better choice..?? Very Happy
veronika11
veronika11

Back to top Go down

STRIPPING OR CLIPPING WHITE SCHNAUZER Empty Re: STRIPPING OR CLIPPING WHITE SCHNAUZER

Post  leepa Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:51 pm

I have a black one but I think that the color doesn't really matter. (yes, I know, stripped white becomes yellow). I think that stripping isn't important only to make good impression but to keep the skin and fur in good condition, also to protect our dog against rain, snow.
leepa
leepa

Back to top Go down

STRIPPING OR CLIPPING WHITE SCHNAUZER Empty Re: STRIPPING OR CLIPPING WHITE SCHNAUZER

Post  Olga Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:24 pm

We have few dogs which donĀ“t go for shows any more but anyway I strip them. I like more stripped dogs, I see them better. But of course, stripping gets more time and not all dogs like it Evil or Very Mad , so the decision is yours.
Olga
Olga

Back to top Go down

STRIPPING OR CLIPPING WHITE SCHNAUZER Empty strip

Post  waves Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:38 am

every time when i'm grooming my mini's i strip them no matter what, i think is better for the dog, coat.... and by the way i think you do not want that you your white mini to look like a white pudel !?Wink)
waves
waves

Back to top Go down

Post  Randi's Ushabti Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:50 am

Here they are only stripped too. Wink
Randi's Ushabti
Randi's Ushabti

Back to top Go down

Post  Jo Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:09 pm

Pets over here are clipped as a general rule. Quicker and easier on the dog and the whites do then loose the yellow that some can have in the harsh top coat. With a white I would just be careful not to use to short a blade or the darker skin will show through. BUT some minis can get a wavy or curly coat if clipped, you can see if this will happen by how curly the leg hair is.
Jo
Jo

Back to top Go down

Post  Randi's Ushabti Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:00 pm

If I have to choose between a stripped dog with hard hair and a soft yellow shine or a clipped snowwithe dog with soft wooly or even curly hair on his back I prefer the first one.
Randi's Ushabti
Randi's Ushabti

Back to top Go down

Post  Irinushka Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:46 pm

I strip my white mini's, only Aura the girl from Canada I clip, she has no coat to strip, much to soft. But her hair still is straight, there are no curles in her coat. I clip her now for 8 years. But all the others have hard hair.

Many Greetings Mieke.
Irinushka
Irinushka

Back to top Go down

Post  jellun Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:02 pm

I stripp my dogs and sometimes clip the new coming hair -to put yellowish ends away.
Not all judges know how to react on yellow Whites... Cool
jellun
jellun

Back to top Go down

Post  waves Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:45 pm

jellun wrote:I stripp my dogs and sometimes clip the new coming hair -to put yellowish ends away.
Not all judges know how to react on yellow Whites... Cool

good point !
waves
waves

Back to top Go down

STRIPPING OR CLIPPING WHITE SCHNAUZER Empty my bad english ...

Post  des matins de cristal Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:48 pm

Sorry, can you explain me your vocabulary ?
here we trimming, one time by week with that :
STRIPPING OR CLIPPING WHITE SCHNAUZER Trimme11
after we made epilation : take off all the pillow then it was bad quality, on my female i do that after any liter.

STRIPPING OR CLIPPING WHITE SCHNAUZER 0206311
i rassure all of you, if she is like it it's than the pillow was bad and i take of with my fingers ... 5 hours on 2 days ! she hasn't cry !!! Smile
des matins de cristal
des matins de cristal

Back to top Go down

Post  ravenstot Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:34 pm

des matins de cristal wrote:Sorry, can you explain me your vocabulary ?
here we trimming, one time by week with that :
STRIPPING OR CLIPPING WHITE SCHNAUZER Trimme11
after we made epilation : take off all the pillow then it was bad quality, on my female i do that after any liter.

STRIPPING OR CLIPPING WHITE SCHNAUZER 0206311
i rassure all of you, if she is like it it's than the pillow was bad and i take of with my fingers ... 5 hours on 2 days ! she hasn't cry !!! Smile

I do strip dogs like on your picture every half a year. There are few exceptions - couple dogs that I roll the coat.
ravenstot
ravenstot

Back to top Go down

Post  des matins de cristal Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:50 am

i want to know what is for you "stipping" and "clipping" i don't know this world... can you explian me ?
des matins de cristal
des matins de cristal

Back to top Go down

Post  ravenstot Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:14 am

des matins de cristal wrote:i want to know what is for you "stipping" and "clipping" i don't know this world... can you explian me ?

Oh, of course )

Stripping - pulling coat away with fingers or stripping knife (just like on your picture blue and red).

Clipping - cutting coat with clipper .
STRIPPING OR CLIPPING WHITE SCHNAUZER Agc-2210
ravenstot
ravenstot

Back to top Go down

Post  des matins de cristal Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:04 pm

Thanks a lot !
des matins de cristal
des matins de cristal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down