Schnauzer Page Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi from Illinois

4 posters

Go down

Hi from Illinois Empty Hi from Illinois

Post  Grunge Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:51 am

Hi everyone, thought I would stop by and say hello.

A little about myself, I am a senior in high school and own a 14 month old Giant Schnauzer by the name of Aries. He is a rescue and we adopted him when he was 6 months old. We are working on socializing him more since he had ammonia when he was a puppy and spent a majority of his puppy hood in a hospital. When he was 3 months old he was surrendered to a pound and got parvo. A friend of the Giant Schnauzer rescue in our area saw him at the adoption fair very ill and adopted him. The rescue gave him all the necessary care and fostered him, and we then adopted him.

He is an extremely wonderful dog. Towering at 30 inches at the shoulders and weights 97 pounds yet he has no problem with my 12 year old sister placing him on her lab. Possesses extremely beta like behavior he is an excellent dog. I now plan on showing him in the 4-H Obedience Show in July and agility when he is a bit older.

Hi from Illinois Sg315h

Before the handsome Aries, I was a proud owner of a rescue female Giant named Payton. We adopted her from our local shelter when she was estimated to be around 4 years old and in June (5 years later) we had to put her down because of her extremely aggressive bone cancer. Her story is even sadder than that of Aries. Payton was previous owned by a "dog trainer" who became "depressed" and forgot to feed his 9 kenneled dogs. Out of the 9 dogs when the SPCA came on the scene 7 of them had already died. Payton and a Giant Schnauzer male which he had bred to her were the only survivors. When they came into the shelter they weighed 40 lbs and when adopted her two months later she weighed 60lb, and we got her to her healthy 80 in a month. She was the calmest, sweetest, most well behaved dog I have ever had the privileged in owning. She succeeded through many obstacles which included minor food aggression, baseball bats, and loud voices since she was previous beaten.

Hi from Illinois Xfsx3c

As for myself along with school I own, train, and show horses. I currently have a 8 year old Breeding Stock Paint Horse mare named Trouble. I fully trained her myself and show her regularly during the Spring and Summer.

Hi from Illinois Picture

Sorry for the long winded introduction. I look forward to meeting all of you.
Grunge
Grunge

Back to top Go down

Hi from Illinois Empty Re: Hi from Illinois

Post  SchnauzkyLVR Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:02 pm

Hi! welcome aboard! bounce
Greetings from Seattle !
I am batmans mother. he is my 2.5 yr old mini schnauzer! Very Happy
SchnauzkyLVR
SchnauzkyLVR

Back to top Go down

Post  des matins de cristal Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:09 pm

welcome welcome and Hello from France !
des matins de cristal
des matins de cristal

Back to top Go down

Post  Grunge Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:31 am

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.
Grunge
Grunge

Back to top Go down

Post  blacknwhite Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:07 am

hello and welcome! lovely introduction and such beautiful dogs! Smile
good luck with your obediance and agility this year Surprised .
blacknwhite
blacknwhite

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down