New here, Frankie & Myself

Go down

New here, Frankie & Myself

Post  MoonStr80 on Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:27 am

I want to put little bio about Frankie & myself. I been lurking for a awesome place to settle in to talk about my dog what not! We're in Illinois about two hours away from Missouri.

I have so much to talk about & to learn about my boy what to say about Miniature Schnauzers uh? Well the only thing I want to know more about those who adopted/fostered puppy mill Mini Schnauzers :'(

He is my first boy Mini Schnauzer ever had (first boy) very different then having girl dogs. His name is Frankie he is a light platinum silver he was rescued from puppy mill, also he is 4 yrs old

Other then having Miniature Schnauzer. I also have a rescue dog name Johnnie she is a beagle/lab mix she is one-years old a crazy wild child rambunctious girl never settles down ohhh maybe a hour then it's up "play, play, play"

MoonStr80

Back to top Go down

Re: New here, Frankie & Myself

Post  MsBritmor on Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:34 am

MoonStr80 wrote: Well the only thing I want to know more about those who adopted/fostered puppy mill Mini Schnauzers :'(

You are certainly welcome to join this forum, but except for 2-3 of us from the U.S., most of the people here are show breeders and owners from Europe and other parts of the world. There really is no discussion about puppy mill dogs here.

Have you checked out Yahoo Groups? http://pets.dir.groups.yahoo.com/dir/Science/Biology/Animals/Mammals/Dogs/Breeds/Miniature_Schnauzer I think they have a couple groups there specifically for rescues and their owners.

Pedigree indicates what the animal should be.
Conformation indicates what the animal appears to be.
But performance indicates what the animal actually is.
-Author Unknown-
MsBritmor
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  MoonStr80 on Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:24 pm

MsBritmor wrote:
MoonStr80 wrote: Well the only thing I want to know more about those who adopted/fostered puppy mill Mini Schnauzers :'(

You are certainly welcome to join this forum, but except for 2-3 of us from the U.S., most of the people here are show breeders and owners from Europe and other parts of the world. There really is no discussion about puppy mill dogs here.

Have you checked out Yahoo Groups? http://pets.dir.groups.yahoo.com/dir/Science/Biology/Animals/Mammals/Dogs/Breeds/Miniature_Schnauzer I think they have a couple groups there specifically for rescues and their owners.

oh, I had no idea it's base on breeders on this board! Thanks for the heads up Karen, I'll be sure to look else where, I can just read around on the board though. Their is not many Schnauzer "active" forums on the net mostly are dead zone ugh!

I'm on few Mini Schnauzer's yahoo group mostly are few people or portion of people maybe 100+ etc
Jennifer
MoonStr80

Back to top Go down

Post  SchnauzkyLVR on Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:46 pm

Hey! welcome aboard! Smile
yeah...there aren't many from the US on here I've noticed except for a few of us. It's a great site, but definitely different from other dog forums..still very informational and interested.

super cute dog!
SchnauzkyLVR

Back to top Go down

Post  MsBritmor on Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:30 am

That screenname of yours sounded SO familar, and so I wondered.... how many "moonstrucks" could there be.... and then you signed your post<G>. How long has it been, Jennifer? Are you still on AOL? What are you up to now? Older and wiser? Or just older like most of the rest of us.... LOL!

If you want a good schnauzer forum, check out Simply Schnauzer Forum. Best schnauzer forum in the world, with a minimum of fluff and a ton of education, unlike some others out there. Tania does require actual names, with no screennames allowed, and she does have a couple other rules, but nothing difficult.

By the way, anyone else interested is welcome to join SS also! We have a couple members from other countries there, too.

-Author Unknown-
MsBritmor
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jo on Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:31 am

There is also UKschnauzers for info and chat, mainly UK owners but some from overseas too.
Jo

Back to top Go down

Post  MoonStr80 on Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:40 am

MsBritmor wrote:That screenname of yours sounded SO familar, and so I wondered.... how many "moonstrucks" could there be.... and then you signed your post<G>. How long has it been, Jennifer? Are you still on AOL? What are you up to now? Older and wiser? Or just older like most of the rest of us.... LOL!

If you want a good schnauzer forum, check out Simply Schnauzer Forum. Best schnauzer forum in the world, with a minimum of fluff and a ton of education, unlike some others out there. Tania does require actual names, with no screennames allowed, and she does have a couple other rules, but nothing difficult.

By the way, anyone else interested is welcome to join SS also! We have a couple members from other countries there, too.

lmao .. Well theirs only ONE moonstr80 and that is ME! Smile I suppose you can say I'm bit wiser not yet older though Wink You'll always beat the older & wiser you know Mini Schnauzers like back of hand book which I love about you

Yeah, I'm on AOL I almost never go on (AIM) that's what I use not AOL I'm a mac user, I use comcast.net I prefer Yahoo IM

I been doing good, I don't know if you remember Misty? I lost her a years ago of kidney failure & battle with AIHA which is (autoimmune hemolytic anemia) she was 11½ yrs old, I made a blog base on her along with other Miniature Schnauzers which has passed away feel free to take a look http://mspaws.blogspot.com anyways 8 months later passing I found my Frankie Smile

How are you & your dogs doing?
MoonStr80

Back to top Go down

Post  MsBritmor on Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:46 am

Yes, Frankie is what first threw me in your identification, as I was not aware of him.... Misty I remember very well; I am sorry to hear about her.

We are bumping along here.... I had a nasty surgery nearly a year ago now, and am now trying to lose weight AGAIN, although I don't need to lose nearly as much as I did previously. I was within five pounds of my goal weight and now.... the holidays are not helping me one bit. A client/friend of mine sent me a tin of *really good chocolate chip cookies* as thanks for helping her to find a new dog.... and they taste SO VERY GOOD when warmed in the microwave. :😁: I am going to have to start beating myself with a stick.... right after Christmas. :😁:

The past couple years here have been very hard all the way around. We have lost some really great dogs, and I think of them often. So many of our dogs are old now. It is hard. Your webpage is wonderful, and has some sad stories. You did a nice job with it, Jennifer.

-Author Unknown-
MsBritmor
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  MoonStr80 on Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:11 am

MsBritmor wrote:Yes, Frankie is what first threw me in your identification, as I was not aware of him.... Misty I remember very well; I am sorry to hear about her.

We are bumping along here.... I had a nasty surgery nearly a year ago now, and am now trying to lose weight AGAIN, although I don't need to lose nearly as much as I did previously. I was within five pounds of my goal weight and now.... the holidays are not helping me one bit. A client/friend of mine sent me a tin of *really good chocolate chip cookies* as thanks for helping her to find a new dog.... and they taste SO VERY GOOD when warmed in the microwave. :😁: I am going to have to start beating myself with a stick.... right after Christmas. :😁:

The past couple years here have been very hard all the way around. We have lost some really great dogs, and I think of them often. So many of our dogs are old now. It is hard. Your webpage is wonderful, and has some sad stories. You did a nice job with it, Jennifer.

I did read somewhere you lost two dogs Peter & Bewitched Crying or Very sad I can only imagine how torn you are having to loose your dogs I know you probably gone through it more then I have Sad it not a easy thing to loose an beloved dog! When I lost Misty, I was so lost it was weird because I was dogless for about year? It was painful I wanted another dog not only a dog but another Mini Schnauzer they are my heart dogs I wanted another dog in my life

If you ever would like to add your beloved dogs onto my Schnauzer Tribute Blog I would really love it!

Anyhow, Frankie so different then Misty, he is more of a cuddling bear then Misty was! It's really weird, having a boy dog takes me off edge a bit some things just really gross me out, others I'm glad I chose a boy Smile
MoonStr80

Back to top Go down

Post  MsBritmor on Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:56 am

I have been blessed to have five truly exceptional dogs in my life, and Peter and Witch were two of them. Witch and I were never that close, as she was a true Dog-Snot*G*, but she had the greatest heart I have ever seen in a dog, and she was truly exceptional because of that, her drive, and her love for agility. Peter was Peter, and he broke the mold. I can only dream of having another dog like him.

-Author Unknown-
MsBritmor
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  MoonStr80 on Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:03 am

MsBritmor wrote:I have been blessed to have five truly exceptional dogs in my life, and Peter and Witch were two of them. Witch and I were never that close, as she was a true Dog-Snot*G*, but she had the greatest heart I have ever seen in a dog, and she was truly exceptional because of that, her drive, and her love for agility. Peter was Peter, and he broke the mold. I can only dream of having another dog like him.

If you like you can add both or one dog at a time onto the blog? Email me at mizjen80@comcast.net sent couple paragraphs about them & maybe couple pictures as well

Looking back at your website looking at the pictures they looked like wonderful dogs! I would of loved to meet them Sad First day I read about them I always dream about them, they seem like the top American dog should be
MoonStr80

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down